Lawsuit claiming Apple's negligence means AirTags are 'the weapon of choice of stalkers and abusers' must go ahead, judge rules

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is frivolous, at best in my opinion. People will always be able to use a good thing for a bad purpose. Take a trash bag for example. It is meant to hold “trash”, however, that same trash bag can be used to suffocate someone. Will people sue the maker of the trash bag because one was used to commit murder?

Reactions: FFR and Annie_M

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
This is frivolous, at best in my opinion. People will always be able to use a good thing for a bad purpose. Take a trash bag for example. It is meant to hold “trash”, however, that same trash bag can be used to suffocate someone. Will people sue the maker of the trash bag because one was used to commit murder?

IMHO, give it time. I see that happening in the future. Manufacturers of trash bags, knives, gold clubs, bats, etc.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

MikeFromPA

Mar 22, 2024
Visit site
Cases like this are nothing new. There was a time, not all that long ago, when gun companies were sued for the violence, but more so, tobacco companies ( aka Big Tobacco ) was sued on behalf of the people who ignored the warnings on every single package of tobacco sold in the US stating that the product was both hazardous and addictive, and died.

Same with parents suing social media because the parents gave their kids a telephone babysitter instead of watching the kids themselves. It’s always somebody else’s fault.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77