Kyle Rittenhouse judge fooled by wild iPad claim regarding video evidence

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
The Judge presiding over the trial of Kyle Rittenhouse appears to have been swayed by claims from the defense that an in-court iPad should not be used to display video evidence because Apple's pinch-to-zoom feature uses AI to manipulate video footage.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
This is a really tough one with legit arguments on both sides. This whole case hits super close to home because I grew up not far from where this happened.
I have a carry permit for defense, BUT... this kid took a gun openly to play soldier. You are allowed to openly carry firearms in WI, but you have to be of legal age and follow the laws (which he did not).

My 2 cents on this is no-one would have died if he hadn't taken the gun down there. Yes, the rioters were a mob of jackasses (to put it lightly) with a few of them chasing and attacking him. Yes, he was protecting himself, but he created that dangerous situation himself. I don't think he is an outright murderer who went there to shoot people, but I think he is an immature moron who wanted to play army soldier. He may not have premeditated the killings, but I do believe his actions in bringing the gun into the scene created the additional risk and he created his own situation of involuntary manslaughter. He poured gas on a fire and created the escalated situation himself. You have rights to do things, but you also have to live with the consequences of your actions.

Like I said - just my basic opinion. I grew up near there and grew up hunting, shooting, and being taught how to respect firearms and not treat them like toys. You have the right to carry, but you also have to have the intelligence to know if it's a good idea or not to do something. This kid is immature and was trying to act out his soldier fantasies until $@!% got real. The others who chased and attacked him were no better than him - they paid a price and now he has one due too for his equally moronic actions.
/my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
This is a really tough one with legit arguments on both sides. This whole case hits super close to home because I grew up not far from where this happened.
I have a carry permit for defense, BUT... this kid took a gun openly to play soldier. You are allowed to openly carry firearms in WI, but you have to be of legal age and follow the laws (which he did not).

My 2 cents on this is no-one would have died if he hadn't taken the gun down there. Yes, the rioters were a mob of jackasses (to put it lightly) with a few of them chasing and attacking him. Yes, he was protecting himself, but he created that dangerous situation himself. I don't think he is an outright murderer who went there to shoot people, but I think he is an immature moron who wanted to play army soldier. He may not have premeditated the killings, but I do believe his actions in bringing the gun into the scene created the additional risk and he created his own situation of involuntary manslaughter. He poured gas on a fire and created the escalated situation himself. You have rights to do things, but you also have to live with the consequences of your actions.

Like I said - just my basic opinion. I grew up near there and grew up hunting, shooting, and being taught how to respect firearms and not treat them like toys. You have the right to carry, but you also have to have the intelligence to know if it's a good idea or not to do something. This kid is immature and was trying to act out his soldier fantasies until $@!% got real. The others who chased and attached him were no better than him - they paid a price and now he has one due too for his equally moronic actions.
/my 2 cents.

Thank you for your post. In my mind, it clarifies the entire horrific and heartbreaking situation.

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
There is nothing wrong with a good, even spirited debate. What ruins a debate is when personal attacks and insults enter the discussion. So let’s all refrain from adding them to the conversation.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I feel sorry for this silly kid, but I feel there is no doubt that he is the author of his own problems. What does he deserve as punishment ? whatever the law dictates, when the process is done.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Try posing an argument as opposed to an attack on me. If you feel he isn’t unstable or a murderer than feel free to explain why that is.

The kid didn’t start any trouble with anyone. Everyone who was shot was the aggressor and could have easily killed the kid. The only survivor of the incident verified, under oath, that the kid only fired at him after he advanced toward the kid and pointed a loaded handgun at him.

This kid will walk, end of story.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
No evidence presented in trial provides basis to support a murder charge, especially first degree murder. This is much like Casey Anthony or Trayvon Martin cases where the prosecutor overcharged the defendent..

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
No evidence presented in trial provides basis to support a murder charge, especially first degree murder. This is much like Casey Anthony or Trayvon Martin cases where the prosecutor overcharged the defendent..

Agree, in this case if they had charged him with the minor crimes that he obviously committed he would be convicted as he should be.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Like I said - just my basic opinion. I grew up near there and grew up hunting, shooting, and being taught how to respect firearms and not treat them like toys. You have the right to carry, but you also have to have the intelligence to know if it's a good idea or not to do something. This kid is immature and was trying to act out his soldier fantasies until $@!% got real. The others who chased and attacked him were no better than him - they paid a price and now he has one due too for his equally moronic actions.
/my 2 cents.

Nuf said…. :)

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
The author of this article doesn’t seem to understand the difference between iOS “Pinch-Zoom” and Accessibility “Zoom” feature.

Here are screen grabs of “Zoom” in Accessibility settings:

IMG_2519.JPG
IMG_2520.JPG

Of course the iPhone can manipulate the image on your screen. For example, what is the purpose of TrueType Fonts and other scalable technologies such as SVG (scalable vector graphic) images?

Let’s not forget the upscaling that takes place with photos and videos with iOS.

On a somewhat unrelated note here is technology that is here now: https://petapixel.com/2021/08/30/googles-new-ai-photo-upscaling-tech-is-jaw-dropping/

Last edited:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The Judge is concerning and borderline Basis depending where your line starts

He has a Samsung S21 and claims blurry when pinch to zoom while the evidence is clearly not shot on an Android phone but it seems to me he’s trying to deflect away from the trial mentioning a tech expert testimony.

Advice: don’t step outside your Comfort Zone and pick a generic ringtone I know what side your leaning

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, forget reality, facts and testimony as long as the verdict reinforces your political belief system.

Unrelated Facts.

He claimed no one fired at him but he used his tool to Quote Defend himself but he didn’t use his other tools to try and save there lives.

Clearly shows he went there with Malise

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmb87