Just un-did my jailbreak..help?

toykitten

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm technically illiterate. A friend of mine jailbroke and unlocked my iPhone for me, and forgot to tell me not to update the software..oops.

I'm attempting to install Blackra1n onto my iPhone, but its been rebooting itself for 20 minutes now. Is this normal?

DataCentre

Jan 26, 2010
www.datacentredesigns.ca
If you've updated your phone to the latest firmware, you're hooped. If the phone was originally locked to your carrier, then just load the OS back on, but you won't be able to jailbreak it.

toykitten

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I originally used the phone with ATT, and I want to use it with Tmobile now. If I restore it to the original factory settings will I be able to jailbreak it then?

Im really technically illiterate. Heh...

Deathcommand

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
definitely not
if you want to unjailbreak, you will have to downgrade itunes via megaupload or something, then you need to download your old firmware(which is probably already in your computer)

okay
steps
downgrade itunes. (or you have one in your computer)
download a older one via Megaupload.com(search for it)
probably like... iTunes LP the first, (9.0 i think?)
then get 3.1.2 (which i think is what you should have if you are "blackra1ning" it)
after unplugging internet, reinstall your old Firmware into your iphone
then turn on internet and run blackra1n to jailbreak
:D

Deathcommand

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
operating system

its the 3.1.2
or the 2.1.1
uhhh

like the latest is 3.1.3.

and thats why this forum was made

for ignorant people (as in not knowing, no negative connotation meant at all).

uhh
if you have a windows with teamviewer then i could help a bit better
email me
deathcommand(at) gmail (dot)com [im not too sure i can like, post urls yet.]

DataCentre

Jan 26, 2010
www.datacentredesigns.ca
Won't matter if you downgrade. The new firmware changes the baseband, and that cannot be changed. You can downgrade and rejailbreak, but you won't be able to unlock it to use with your carrier. You're hooped until a new unlock comes out for the new baseband.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Okay, toy, there are a few ways to do this.

1) What iPhone do you have? The original (iPhone 2G), the 3G (second iPhone released) or the newest one (iPhone 3G)?

2) When did you upgrade? If you go on your iPhone into Settings>General>About, it will give you your device serial #, your current operating system, an your current baseband. Private message me these things on this forum.

3) Do you have a PC/Windows or a Mac?

4) What version of iTunes do you have?

5) Is your AT&T SIM card still active?

Let me know. I WILL be able to help you, but it may be a little bit difficult.

DataCentre

Jan 26, 2010
www.datacentredesigns.ca
Why are you giving him false hope? His phone was upgraded to the new firmware. His baseband has been changed. There is nothing anyone can do for him to get his phone to work with another carrier.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
just to chime in here....i understand being not good with electronics but come on now. for 1 every iphone website shy of apples own site says DO NOT UPGRADE! AND on top of that if you are clueless as to what firmware is even i wouldnt attempt to JB if i were you. have whoever jb it the first time do it again.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Because if the phone was previously jailbroken, and Cydia/Rock were installed, there's a chance that the SHSH hashed were stored, which could later be used to downgrade back to 3.1.2.

Just because YOU don't think it's possible doesn't mean it's a fact, dude. Where there's a will, there's a way. Truth is, the only thing imtruly worried about is that their "computer illiteracy" may interfere with carrying out instructions in a negative way.

It's all about the know-how. If the SHSH hashed hav been saved, it's absolutely 100% possible to downgrade, jailbreak, and unlock.

Blastfurnace

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
definitely not
if you want to unjailbreak, you will have to downgrade itunes via megaupload or something, then you need to download your old firmware(which is probably already in your computer)

:D

Ok. This whole thread is confusing me. Where on your PC would your firmware be saved? Thats the first I heard that one. Secondly i thought that when you did the 3.1.3 you were tanked because even if you go back Apple is not signing the 3.1.2 anymore.

i have a 3.1.2 and have been very carefull to stop all forms of upgrades. I even have my shsh (or whatever it is) saved on cydia. So I should be ok if the worst happens but this talk of Firmware saved on your pc and old versions of itunes is something I have never heard before.

unless I am mistaked I thoguht any 3GS upgrades were permenant. (Not including Cydia saving your keys weeks ago)

M

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
If you have saved your SHSH hashes on Cydia, and want/need to downgrade, here is how you do it.

Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

Saurik has set up a server that replicates the servers Apple uses to sign the firmwares. So basically, you confuse iTunes to direct it's authentication questions to Sauriks servers instead of Apple's.

Hopefully this has cleared a few things up for you. :)

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Because if the phone was previously jailbroken, and Cydia/Rock were installed, there's a chance that the SHSH hashed were stored, which could later be used to downgrade back to 3.1.2.

Just because YOU don't think it's possible doesn't mean it's a fact, dude. Where there's a will, there's a way. Truth is, the only thing imtruly worried about is that their "computer illiteracy" may interfere with carrying out instructions in a negative way.

It's all about the know-how. If the SHSH hashed hav been saved, it's absolutely 100% possible to downgrade, jailbreak, and unlock.

He'd be able to jailbreak but the upgraded baseband would leave him unable to unlock. Regardless he's unable to do what he wants to do, and that's unlock to use it on TMobile.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Quite true. The upgrading of the baseband is a *****, but isn't there also a process to downgrade the baseband as well? I've never had to do that, so I'm unfamiliar with the process, but I remember reading about it when the 3.1 was upgraded to the 3.1.2.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Quite true. The upgrading of the baseband is a *****, but isn't there also a process to downgrade the baseband as well? I've never had to do that, so I'm unfamiliar with the process, but I remember reading about it when the 3.1 was upgraded to the 3.1.2.

With the 2G, the baseband is never updated. With a few of the basebands, you can downgrade it, but with the last few there have been countless unsuccessful attempts to downgrade.

ElectricDoodie

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Wait, so reading some replies it seems that I have hope.

I have a 3gs on 3.1, and I have never jailbroken it before.

3.1.2 can be jail broken. So, I downloaded 3.1.2 firmware and shift+restore, but it checked with apple, and it wouldn't let me. It told me I had to upgrade to 3.1.3.

Can I downgrade my iTunes, disconnect from Internet, upgrade to 3.1.2, reconnect Internet, and then jailbreak it?