Just ordered my series 2

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Apple service doesn't "rock" that much if you have to book an appointment to replace an obviously faulty product! Is this really true?

Unless, of course, by "rock" you mean "is poor", in which case fair play to you.

Compared with the rest of the mobile product world - Samsung, Motorola, LG, HTC, etc. - is there any question that Apple tech support is head and shoulders above the rest? Perhaps it starts with the (anecdotal) fact that my Apple products are so solid that I've needed Apple support a grand total of once - when they recalled the battery of my 6s, and I had a new battery in my phone in one hour.

I guess your experience is different.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Compared with the rest of the mobile product world - Samsung, Motorola, LG, HTC, etc. - is there any question that Apple tech support is head and shoulders above the rest? Perhaps it starts with the (anecdotal) fact that my Apple products are so solid that I've needed Apple support a grand total of once - when they recalled the battery of my 6s, and I had a new battery in my phone in one hour.

I guess your experience is different.

I have only once needed customer support in 18 years of mobile phone ownership, or for other products such as tablets or PCs - whatever the brand. This includes two Apple products - an iPad and a iPod. A phone I owned had a faulty battery, and the shop in question replaced it immediately under the manufacturer's warranty.

If you check back, you will see my comment was about the fact that the OP had made an appointment to return an obviously faulty device. I would seriously expect *any* shop to replace or repair such a product without an appointment. This is not good customer service. This is obeying the law.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Managed to get to the Apple Store to collect back my Series 2 and they told me it's a brand new set, though still in the small white box.

Currently updating the OS back to 3.2.2, so far so good and I really hope I won't have to return to the Genius Bar for AW issues.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Managed to get to the Apple Store to collect back my Series 2 and they told me it's a brand new set, though still in the small white box.

You can compare the new serial number in the About section on the Watch or in the Watch app on the phone, to original serial number on the box.

I assume the small white box is what you brought in or they put it in when you went to the Store?

Anyway, great that you've got your Watch back.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
You can compare the new serial number in the About section on the Watch or in the Watch app on the phone, to original serial number on the box.

I assume the small white box is what you brought in or they put it in when you went to the Store?

Anyway, great that you've got your Watch back.

I brought in the watch by itself without any box, but was returned in a cardboard box, in it the white box with plastic wrapping and the watch unit with plastic wrapping as well.

The serial number tallies with the white box.

Now I have my first gen AW paired to my 6s Plus which I usually use when overseas.

sq018

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
just curious. Why do you prefer 2 over 3? the 3 version has barometer, better wifi and bluetooth, better processor. I just bought a watch 3 GPS. Idk if i should return for version 2, which is $90 less ($300 vs $390).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77