Just for us "Juners"

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Well, pkcable was right, and I should have more faith in Apple - my Watch arrived bang-on 1pm UK time yesterday! I was ten minutes into my lunch hour at that point, but had stayed in the office just in case, so it couldn't really have worked out any better. The pairing process between the phone and the Watch was painless and sooo typically Apple.

First thoughts after a few hours with it:

• Triaging emails - I am already loving doing this on the Watch. Quickly skimming the content of an email before deciding whether to delete it outright or just dismiss it for now and read it later on the iPhone is great
  • Activity tracker - I'm fascinated, nay obsessed, with this and have now deleted the pedometer app I had been using on my phone ... apparently I walked 1.6 miles yesterday since putting the Watch on at just after 1pm
  • Making calls - my 13-year-old Volvo doesn't have one of those fancy-schmancy built-in bluetooth setups, so I couldn't resist finding an excuse to ring the wife from the car on the way home yesterday. Great not having to fart about with a bluetooth earpiece - the speaker on the Watch could do with being a little louder (quite usable as-is, just a bit louder ideally), but she could hear me perfectly
If there's one negative so far, it's with the screen size - in all the YouTube clips I'd watched over the last few weeks, the 42mm size looked so much bigger. When I took mine out of the box yesterday, first thing I did was flip it over and make sure they hadn't sent me the smaller one by mistake. Then again, I am long overdue an eye-test, but like most blokes keep avoiding the issue :p

It's by no means an ESSENTIAL gadget - not yet anyway - but given more time with it, I could easily see me missing it if I didn't have it. Not regretting buying it in the slightest.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77