iTunes Match go-live countdown thread

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way? Probably. I don't see Apple doing it, though. First off, they are going to want to upload as little data as they can to match on. Second, they are in this to make money for themselves and the record companies/artists. Providing a "possible illegally obtained track" list to the RIAA would stop people from using the service, and be a public relations nightmare.

Not that I have anything to hide, and I have been using Apple products since the ][e and first Mac, push the Apple ecosystem on everyone I know, sometimes annoyingly so, but a move like that? I would seriously consider dropping all of this.

bmuncy

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way? Probably. I don't see Apple doing it, though. First off, they are going to want to upload as little data as they can to match on. Second, they are in this to make money for themselves and the record companies/artists. Providing a "possible illegally obtained track" list to the RIAA would stop people from using the service, and be a public relations nightmare.

Not that I have anything to hide, and I have been using Apple products since the ][e and first Mac, push the Apple ecosystem on everyone I know, sometimes annoyingly so, but a move like that? I would seriously consider dropping all of this.

I agree, actually Apple probably got the RIAA to approve of this because even if you do have "questionable legal" songs, you are going to be paying for them. Especially if you want to keep them in the cloud, you will end up paying more after so long.

Reactions: iSRS

thebignewt#IM

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I agree, actually Apple probably got the RIAA to approve of this because even if you do have "questionable legal" songs, you are going to be paying for them. Especially if you want to keep them in the cloud, you will end up paying more after so long.
I guess that makes sense, involving the RIAA or copyright people would doom Apple pretty quick. So how much is this Match service supposed to cost us? I realize it's not a true backup (I use Carbonite for that).

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I guess that makes sense, involving the RIAA or copyright people would doom Apple pretty quick. So how much is this Match service supposed to cost us? I realize it's not a true backup (I use Carbonite for that).

$25 a year.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77