Is this untethered iOS 5 jailbreak legit?

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Nope, nope, and nope. No legitimate jailbreak has or will ever cost.

That's what I thought Alli but they have a really slick website and somehow managed to get themselves google ranked for iOS 5 jailbreak pretty quickly. It is possible someone decided to do it and make some money off of it isn't it?

Did you peek at their website?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
it' a rip off, if this was real it would be all over the web. In the years that JB has been around they have never charged. They have asked for donations if you want it was your choice. So they wouldn't start asking and for this much too.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Even if they were legit, which they aren't, why would you pay $25.00 for a jailbreak when you can wait no more than a week, most likely, and get if for absolutely nothing?

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I agree that you should make a $25 donation for jailbreaking. Someone is making more than enough off my jailbreak app addiction lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Easiest way to see fraud:

Click on the FAQ section, and the top section changes from saying that it's compatible with iOS5, to iOS4.3.5.. only part of the site that's "updated" is the front page.

Plus, follow @MuscleNerd on Twitter, he is the most active and notifies you when a release is out.

Last edited:

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
If you don't think your jailbreak is worth $25 try using your phone without it.

We have, and that's why we do it :)

Though I agree that you shouldn't be forced to make a $25 donation to jailbreak. It's certainly a nice thing to do, but a requirement?

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
You clearly missed my entire point that jailbreaking is FREE. I didn't say that you shouldn't donate, i said that if a jailbreaking site ever makes you pay for it, then it's a scam.

I wish that would change. I'd gladly pay for a legit, solid, jailbreak that comes out quickly after each iOS update. And those working on it so hard deserve to be compensated as much as the guys at Apple are who write the OS.

The_colombian

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
That's what I thought Alli but they have a really slick website and somehow managed to get themselves google ranked for iOS 5 jailbreak pretty quickly. It is possible someone decided to do it and make some money off of it isn't it?

Did you peek at their website?

Google ranked? Do u mean their link appears on the first page after u search? You can pay google for that to happen.

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Google ranked? Do u mean their link appears on the first page after u search? You can pay google for that to happen.

No, not in the paid advertising section. Search iOS 5 jailbreak and that fast fastunlockiphone and fastra1n (the company and software names) come up first.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I wish that would change. I'd gladly pay for a legit, solid, jailbreak that comes out quickly after each iOS update. And those working on it so hard deserve to be compensated as much as the guys at Apple are who write the OS.

I agree, however i think that the whole jailbreaking scene never would have happened if they charged you money from the start, so they never would make it free to get people to use it, but now that since everyone is used to not paying for it, they can't change it now, so instead they just ask for donations.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OP seems to be pushing the site and the point that you should pay for the Jailbreak. It makes me think it's their site? hmmmmmmmm The point is plain and simple the guys who make the tools do it for the thrill, to help the community and for the fame. They don't ask to get paid because they don't do it for the money. Yes we all love it and they deserve to be paid for their efforts but someone building a site and trying to make money off their efforts is Lame A$$. If anyone doesn't think so there's no debate you're wrong.

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
OP seems to be pushing the site and the point that you should pay for the Jailbreak. It makes me think it's their site? hmmmmmmmm The point is plain and simple the guys who make the tools do it for the thrill, to help the community and for the fame. They don't ask to get paid because they don't do it for the money. Yes we all love it and they deserve to be paid for their efforts but someone building a site and trying to make money off their efforts is Lame A$$. If anyone doesn't think so there's no debate you're wrong.

Nope. I have no association with it. All I was saying is if someone wanted to do it to make some money, that's well within their rights. Right now all I have is an iPhone 4S and an iPad 2 so even if I was willing to spring for the $30 to see if it worked I couldn't.

If they wrote the jailbreak and it isn't a scam and really works, they deserve to try to make some money. If they stole it and repackaged it, I agree with you that that's wrong. But right now no one else is claiming to have an untethered iOS 5 jailbreak for any device except them.

If someone comes out with a free version, they won't stay in business too long will they?

I wish the dev team or any of the "known" jailbreak developers would test this and comment on it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii28