Is there anyway to stop iTunes from automatically matching a song to Apple Music?

I

iMore Question

An artist that I listen to must have uploaded an alternate version of a song that doesn't exactly flow with the rest of the album. I deleted the album from Apple Music off my Music and re-downloaded it from the Internet. Most of the songs' iCloud Statues was "Matched" which didn't allow for me to hear the versions I had just downloaded, instead I heard the versions from Apple Music again. Is there anyway to stop iTunes from automatically matching a song to Apple Music without turning off iCloud Music Library? I am not subscribed to iTunes Match so that won't work.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
An artist that I listen to must have uploaded an alternate version of a song that doesn't exactly flow with the rest of the album. I deleted the album from Apple Music off my Music and re-downloaded it from the Internet. Most of the songs' iCloud Statues was "Matched" which didn't allow for me to hear the versions I had just downloaded, instead I heard the versions from Apple Music again. Is there anyway to stop iTunes from automatically matching a song to Apple Music without turning off iCloud Music Library? I am not subscribed to iTunes Match so that won't work.

First off: iTunes Match is part of Music. You can’t turn it off or on.

Having said that: your best bet is to rename the version you want to keep to “original song title (own version)” or something similar.
That way music won’t match it to their own library.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77