Is there anything I can do with a used iPad that still has the previous owners Apple ID?

Ben Thomson1

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
HELP!! Please ..

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am STUMPED! I bought an iPod Touch 5th Gen off of a guy on eBay, but the ***** has conveniently forgot all of his Apple ID details & passwords so I am basically left with an expensive paperweight. He failed to mention that when I bought it obv. Tried Apple etc. they can't do anything even with him admitting it's his account. It has been restored so sitting at the activation screen waiting for his log in details and I can't go any further with it - is there anything at all I can do? Tried the new Pangu 8 but it said the device needs to be activated before I can JB it... STUMPED!

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: HELP!! Please ..

There's nothing you can do.

Get your money back.

If the seller won't give you a refund, file a dispute with eBay.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

File a claim with eBay...item not as advertised because it was not clearly stated it was activation locked...

Ben Thomson1

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the replies, I have done that just there eBay will give me a refund, I'll still have the iPod so will it just always be a paperweight now? ha

plantemichel

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

Apple release on his iCloud website a tool to verify activation lock. Be careful next time

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB