Is it worth the price for 8 plus for 1st iphone?

Cbush1952

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
This is the weekend I’m planning to get first Iphone. Have been leaning on 8 plus because of speed, true tone ( watch tv at work during lunch and when traveling with Wife driving) and speakers, and battery life. However, the headphone jack not in 8 Plus is a minus. Watched some videos comparing load speeds on both devices in iOS 11 and doesn’t to be that much difference. Picture is better in 8 plus??? Is it worth the price for 8 plus for 1st iphone?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: 6s plus or 8 plus

I would personally recommend either the X or the 8 Plus.
The 6s Plus is 2 years old now, and it’s not worth it in my opinion.
The 8 Plus is far superior than the 6s Plus. It does not have a headphone jack, but you can always get a bluetooth headphone.

thejasonhowell

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

I love my 6S Plus and am incredibly happy I passed up the 7 a year ago. Headphone jack literally dictated this decision.

Roguefoxx

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site

I have absolutely zero issues with my 6s plus. Still takes great photos, and it's still very quick with any apps I use. I definitely won't be upgrading to the 8 or 8 plus... the jury is still out on the X, but I'll make that decision after it's been out a couple months.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site

My 6s+ works great! Can’t afford an upgrade.. if I could I’d do the 8+.. actually I’d wait till next year to see what they do.. 6s+ still works great on 11.2..

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

If your budget allows, I would recommend the 8plus for the updated improvements over battery, processor, camera, etc.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is the weekend I’m planning to get first Iphone. Have been leaning on 8 plus because of speed, true tone ( watch tv at work during lunch and when traveling with Wife driving) and speakers, and battery life. However, the headphone jack not in 8 Plus is a minus. Watched some videos comparing load speeds on both devices in iOS 11 and doesn’t to be that much difference. Picture is better in 8 plus??? Is it worth the price for 8 plus for 1st iphone?

I think it is, but only you can answer whether or not it’s worth it in your situation.