Is iPhone just a status symbol?

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I have this dispute with my Samsung rep at the store I work at all the time. She says she's a spec person and that's what matters. I say in response, it's 2013. Tech and specs are cool, it's neat and all to say my phone has a 2.3 ghz quad core processor and a huge screen. I can scroll with my eyes and circle stuff on the Internet. That's great, but most users use those quirky selling points like once every 6 months. People now days want a phone that works and works well. They want a phone that will last all day on use, that won't lag when doing daily tasks, that won't force close apps that are vital. That's why the iPhone sells. Because it is superb at doing what it's supposed to. Siri was a selling point, but guess what, users use Siri on a way higher average than people who are using air gestures on their GS4.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I have this dispute with my Samsung rep at the store I work at all the time. She says she's a spec person and that's what matters. I say in response, it's 2013. Tech and specs are cool, it's neat and all to say my phone has a 2.3 ghz quad core processor and a huge screen. I can scroll with my eyes and circle stuff on the Internet. That's great, but most users use those quirky selling points like once every 6 months. People now days want a phone that works and works well. They want a phone that will last all day on use, that won't lag when doing daily tasks, that won't force close apps that are vital. That's why the iPhone sells. Because it is superb at doing what it's supposed to. Siri was a selling point, but guess what, users use Siri on a way higher average than people who are using air gestures on their GS4.

I just watched the video Samsung just out out for the Note 3 and the device looks amazing. The problem is that the phone won't work that well in real day to day situations. I have had a lot of Android devices that have had better specs than the iPhone but none of them offer near the experience that the iPhone does.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just watched the video Samsung just out out for the Note 3 and the device looks amazing. The problem is that the phone won't work that well in real day to day situations. I have had a lot of Android devices that have had better specs than the iPhone but none of them offer near the experience that the iPhone does.

This is due partly because the Android devices like the Note 3 that is used for the introduction doesn't have any of the carriers junk on it yet. The iPhone never does get any of the carriers junk on it so it works well right out of the box.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, its the hardware, the sturdiness of the construction and the fact that its thinness is wayyy superior to the Note.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site

My point exactly. She made me sit through that 6 minute video and I said "great, it does things that look cool in scenarios that happen as often as never."

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
When I created my ID. I opened iTunes and it synced all my music from my PC.
I still use Amazon MP3, and besides an external hard drive.
I have my photos backed up on Amazon Cloud Drive.
Both work without a hitch on Android.
But I am not sure about IOS.
Maybe someone here can give me their input if they do. Thanks :)

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

​I'm not really sure what your question is here, but you might want to ask it in the iTunes forum and create your own thread. It's lost in here.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Asking if any fellow iPhone users use Amazon seemed pretty clear to me. Thanks;):)

ianberg

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The way I see it, I'm paying for a phone that actually DOES work. ;)

I agree, my phone actually does work too even though it's a Nokia Lumia 710 running WP7.8. Every function I need is included with the phone or I have found an app for it. As for functions I want, yes there's a long way to go but I'd rather spend no more than $200 for a handset every couple of years. Fortunately there's a tendency for groundbreaking iPhone features to eventually show up on Android and Windows Phone models.

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Asking if any fellow iPhone users use Amazon seemed pretty clear to me. Thanks;):)

I'm sure Amazon is awesome, i had an account with them forever, but I prefer iCloud and iTunes as both are providing me more functions and music then Amazon.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I am also a cross platform user. Which unfortunately all OS's don't see it that way.
I have been using Amazon MP3 for quite some time.
Once Google forced Google + on everyone.
That ended my Picasa account, aside of Twitter which I use as a newspaper.
I am not a big fan of social networks.
So I was looking for a place to store my photos, and fell into Amazon Cloud Drive.
Since I use Amazon MP3, their Cloud Drive works, but with limitations.
The photos are displayed beautifully, file sharing and moving photos to folders is another story.
Everything I have is on an external hard drive.
But I still keep my music and photos on the cloud in case it fails, which I have read can happen.
So not sure about iCloud or iTunes, I'll figure that out when the time comes.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien