Is apple store in store pickup on launch day a covid risk?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I’m in that boat. I have them shipped to my house. The same way I would take off work to go to an Apple store and wait in line, I take off work and wait at home lol.

Until I was moved to work from home, I’d set to pick up in apple store as nobody would be home to sign. Now that I work from home it’s easy to have phones shipped here.

ekneeiphone

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
that makes perfect sense unless you want them to install the belkin screen protector which goes on perfectly every time. Also, if you are in the iphone upgrade program it makes sense to go into the apple store and exchange the phones. Its probably safer than going into a post office or fedex in order to mail the old phone back

Last edited:

ekneeiphone

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
As I stated in a previous post, when I went to the apple store., security was supposed to take my temperature before I was allowed to enter the store. They forgot and I entered the store without a temperature check and was not asked to take my temperature inside either. There wasn't alot of activity outside the store, so thre was no excuse not to take my temperature. There was a sign outside indicating all the required protocols and questions before a customer was allowed to enter. The good news was that they only allowed people inside who had an appointment and this ensured social distancing was way more than adequate. only one customer per table. There was hand sanitizer on each table as well.

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
As I stated in a previous post, when I went to the apple store., security was supposed to take my temperature before I was allowed to enter the store. They forgot and I entered the store without a temperature check and was not asked inside either. There wasn't alot of activity outside the store, so thre was no excuse not to take my temperature. There was a sign outside indicating all the required protocols and questions before a customer was allowed to enter. The good news was that they only allowed people inside who had an appointment and this ensured social distancing was way more than adequate. only one customer per table. There was hand sanitizer on each table as well.

What we have to realize is in this time there are a variety of opinions on what is going on in the world. Variety of opinions on the seriousness and a variety of ways people are approaching things. A variety of ways people may or may not be taking things serious. So although unfortunate that the store was more lax in their own protocols, it really reaffirms my belief that we have to be responsible for ourselves rather than hoping and expecting these businesses to be. Especially when we are talking about the purchasing of items we don’t really *need* by way of venturing out to places we don’t *need* to go. I’m glad at minimum you were able to be socially distant and they provided sanitizer while you were there.

All we can do is protect ourselves in this climate because with all the varying opinions and interpretations, we can’t expect others to do it for us.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77