Is 1080p the only video recording resolution for 4s?

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
yep it eats space, i don't have a lot of other stuff on my iphone, i recorded 24 mins on my 16bg and it was full .

You must have more than you think cause that is only in the 4 gig range. That's still a nice chunk but shouldn't fill up your phone.

CPUGEEK

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Looks like FiLMiC is still buggy (too few reviews to get a good idea). I did find Camera Plus Pro claims to shoot in 640x480 (with live video filters), but it doesn't look like you can select beyond that.

1080p is just too much for me. I don't have the storage capacity for that kind of resolution. I'd love to hear if anyone else has luck with FiLMiC Pro with an iPhone 4S.

I have sent an email to the developers of ProCamera and Camera Genius to inquire about whether their apps allow one to choose resolution for video recording. Will let folks know if I hear anything.

Update: FiLMiC really looks to be the perfect app for me (4 resolution settings). They are very active on their Facebook page and it looks like they are working on an update as of Friday, Nov 4, 2011 for a bug that may not even affect all users.

Update 2: Heard back from both developers: Camera Genius says they don't offer the ability to select resolutions but are considering it for future releases. ProCamera says: "ProCamera offers exactly the feature you were asking for. While in video mode, you can choose from different resolutions via the menu on the right."

So now to decide between ProCamera and FiLMiC Pro...

thanks for info

reltm

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I ended up with FilMiC and love it. Four resolution settings is good enough for me. If you get it, leave the frames per second setting at 30 fps otherwise your iPhone won't import it back from iPhoto after syncing.

wylderubicon

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
How exactly do I offload the videos to my PC? this might sounds like a dumb question, but Im having a really hard time figuring out.

When I connect my phone to the PC via USB and in windows, I would clicking on my iphone and I can see my videos and pictures. I can copy and paste the pictures ".jpg" but when I try to do the same with the videos ".mov" it transfers 0 kilobytes. and I cant open the video. Am I doing something wrong?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77