iPhone5s was replaced, with a ONE MONTH warranty

I

iMore Question

Of course, it took 4 months for a fault to develop in the replacement. Now they want almost ?300 for another replacement . The first replacement cost almost ?200. Apparently, they don't repair iPhones!
SCAM ???

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

Not a scam at all. This is Apple's policy. There are certain things they will fix like the screen or battery, otherwise the will generally replace it. And there is a cost related to that if your phone is out of warranty. Maybe try calling Apple Support and talk to them directly. Maybe they'll agree that a replacement should last longer than 4 months and do something for you. Worst they can say is you have to pay, which is where you're at now. Apple has been known to do some pretty nice things for people. Just talk to them nicely is my best suggestion.

jamielampert

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
They most certainly do repair iPhones. Just depends on what part is broken and if it can be repaired. As far as the warranty it depends if you are inside your warranty period and if you are not then yes you have to pay a little. Also depends on who's fault it is that the phone is broken. Be honest with them and they have been known to help people out. I dropped my iPhone on the pavement about s week after I got it. Totally my fault and they gave me s new one no questions. Does not mean it will happen to you but just be nice.

Curious kid

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
If it is bought in the EU. You have 2 years warranty but you have to bring it to the reseller. If you ask for Apple warranty repair it is one year. If you ask for replacement or repair according to EU-consumer rights you will have two years. Google EU-consumer rights. You may have to print it out or fill somekind of form.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nethtanyang