iPhone X starting price: $999 USD - thoughts?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I agree to a certain extent but an iPhone, specifically, is not a necessity. And I don't think we're in danger of high end phones becoming the norm. I see way more people with low end devices or old iPhones than I see with newer high end devices....we just don't hear many people talking about them. As many people as I come in contact with, through travel & work, I can actually count the number of iPhone 7's I see. It's not like we think it is.

BTW...A Chanel purse is a necessity to some lol. Gotta have somewhere to store that high end phone

LOL, good point about the purse. Maybe Apple will develop a partnership and you could get a discount if you buy both!

Interesting that you don't see as many high end devices. Could be very true. Being on a forum like this can give you a different perspective from reality because we are all fans and more likely to purchase higher end devices. I'm interested to see how the X sells because it will drive the future direction they take.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Starting price $999

iPhone X is 625
Note 8 is 1200
S8 is 1000

Where did you get the iPhone X stats? If the nits are so low on the iPhone X then the supposed HDR and Dolby Vision compatibility is nonsense. Anything below 1000 nits won't really manage to properly display HDR content.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
LOL, good point about the purse. Maybe Apple will develop a partnership and you could get a discount if you buy both!

Interesting that you don't see as many high end devices. Could be very true. Being on a forum like this can give you a different perspective from reality because we are all fans and more likely to purchase higher end devices. I'm interested to see how the X sells because it will drive the future direction they take.

A partnership would be awesome

It's very interesting & I'm also curious to see how well it sells. Hopefully this won't be the first & last edge to edge iPhone!!

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had iPhones since the original came out. Currently I'm using a 256 GB 7+, but I really like the new display on the the iPhone X and the smaller overall case size with a bigger screen.

T-Mobile just listed their pricing for the X:

64GB $999.99. $279.99 down and $30 per month for 24 months.
256GB $1,149.99, $429.9 down and $30 per month for $24 months.

Wow. For my 256 7+, it was 299 down and 30 per month. It's hard for me to justify the X's price when I can get a S8 for $30 down and $30 per month for 24 months. Both the s8 and the X are roughly the same size with the same screen size. No, the s8 does not have a dual camera, but its camera is still very good.

As both OSes are mature at this point, and I really have no issues using either, this has just become a very tough decision. If only they had released a 128GB instead of the 256GB......

~S

I was shocked too at the down payment, but it keeps it at the $30 a month. Honestly, I’d rather have a lower down payment and pay $40-50 a month.

timocrates

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
My son is interested in upgrading his iPhone 6 Plus, but is too busy to dig into the details of the new models. I'm trying to help. These are the distinctions between the too two tiers I have found.

Differences between the 8 Plus and X:

FaceID/touchID
458 / 401 ppi
5.8/5.5 screen

The X has super contrast ratio and is an ounce lighter and a shade smaller. It has dual optical image stabilization. It has Portrait mode, Portrait lighting in the front-facing selfie camera (they both have it in the rear camera) and Animoji. It carries a $200 higher price tag and won't be available until at least November 3, whereas the 8 Plus can be ordered today and will be delivered Sep 22.

Oh, the X has a blemish top dead center, a splotch for rays, readers, and mic. Some are complaining about that in online forums.

Any corrections?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My son is interested in upgrading his iPhone 6 Plus, but is too busy to dig into the details of the new models. I'm trying to help. These are the distinctions between the too two tiers I have found.

Differences between the 8 Plus and X:

FaceID/touchID
458 / 401 ppi
5.8/5.5 screen

The X has super contrast ratio and is an ounce lighter and a shade smaller. It has dual optical image stabilization. It has Portrait mode, Portrait lighting in the front-facing selfie camera (they both have it in the rear camera) and Animoji. It carries a $200 higher price tag and won't be available until at least November 3, whereas the 8 Plus can be ordered today and will be delivered Sep 22.

Oh, the X has a blemish top dead center, a splotch for rays, readers, and mic. Some are complaining about that in online forums.

Any corrections?

The 8 Plus is a wider screen. If he doesn't mind a taller more slender screen, he might like the X. The X will crop photos and videos made on his 6 Plus in the full screen edge to edge. To see them fully, you tap the screen twice. But then they look smaller and not edge to edge.

billmartinez

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
Really excited for this but will never go out without a case. Does anyone have a good recommendation for leather case? not the apple one though

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Even though I’m not buying the X, I see that Speck.com has some good cases. Ive got one on my 7 plus and it works good. I’ve dropped it a couple of times and it’s held up good.

Brian Embry

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I just popped $960 usd for my wife's Samsung Note 8. So, a little more for the X is not that big of a deal. I will get the 256gig model. This will be my first foray into the world of iOS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnnybobble53