iPhone ringtones

Chop52

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
How do i add ringtones to my iphone through iTunes? Also what are some good website to use to chop up songs to add to your iPhone as well?:D

FrankRow

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Audiko.com is a good site for ringtones, there already chopped and sized for the ringer and easy to install....plus free, can't beat that. For itunes....in my newbie opion, you can right click a song under music on chose create ringtone. It will walk you through setting it up and then create the ringtone and charge you $1.50. I hope this works for you.

Andre

May 6, 2009
Visit site
You can do it for free in Itunes if your track is DRM Free

I found the tip at CNET.com (brian tong) process varies for Mac and PC

c4mp83ll

Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
myxer

Myxer.com is great website to use. It lets you upload your own music and edit or use another users file and edit it as well. Following that you just hit download for iPhone and it goes straight to your iTunes. Myxer also has a ton of wallpaers and icons available for iPhones as well

juststart

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
Audiko.com is a good site for ringtones, there already chopped and sized for the ringer and easy to install....plus free, can't beat that. For itunes....in my newbie opion, you can right click a song under music on chose create ringtone. It will walk you through setting it up and then create the ringtone and charge you $1.50. I hope this works for you.

this site is awesome! i used it to put an unreleased lady gaga song as my ringtone.... love it! thanks!

HAVOKID

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
I do mines thru iTunes basically just cut the piece of the song where you want by right clicking the song and selecting get info and selecting the Options tab then saving it as an ACC files I believe and just rename the extension as a .mR4 and drop the same file in your iPhone. It'll save it as a ringtone.

toonz625

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I do mines thru iTunes basically just cut the piece of the song where you want by right clicking the song and selecting get info and selecting the Options tab then saving it as an ACC files I believe and just rename the extension as a .mR4 and drop the same file in your iPhone. It'll save it as a ringtone.

Hey Havok, so I've tried this, but doesnt seem to work with the songs I have in my library. I'll try it out again.. but could it be because these songs were downloaded and not bought?

Toby

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Hey Havok, so I've tried this, but doesnt seem to work with the songs I have in my library. I'll try it out again.. but could it be because these songs were downloaded and not bought?

It needs to be renamed from m4a to m4r. However, I think this only works on a Mac. I just checked my PC's iTunes, and it doesn't have the Create AAC Version option but rather a Create MP3 Version option.

Toby

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
This is the way I create ringtones (on my Macbook):

1) Find MP3 in iTunes.
2) Right-click song and pick Get Info.
3) Go to Options tab and select a 30 second or less window of the song where you want the ringtone to be (for example, start at 1:01 and stop at 1:22.500).
4) Right-click on file and select Create an AAC version.
5) Go back to Get Info on the original and remove start and stop times.
6) Find AAC version in your iTunes folder, and rename it from song.m4a to song.m4r and double-click it.
7) Delete AAC entry in iTunes since that m4a file is no longer there.
8) ???
9) Profit.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB