iPhone or Samsung?

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I would love to try the Note 5. But two things are keeping me from making the switch; my iPad Air 2 and iMessage.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I would love to try the Note 5. But two things are keeping me from making the switch; my iPad Air 2 and iMessage.

I signed up for the test drive program that Samsung announced to try the Note 5 for 30 days. I've currently got an iPhone 6 and HTC One M9. I'm generally not a fan of TW, but I wouldn't mind trying the Note live to see what all the SPen fuss is about.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I signed up for the test drive program that Samsung announced to try the Note 5 for 30 days. I've currently got an iPhone 6 and HTC One M9. I'm generally not a fan of TW, but I wouldn't mind trying the Note live to see what all the SPen fuss is about.

When I had the Note 4 I used the S Pen a lot more than I thought I would. I miss Action Memo.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
So I went and played with the demo models of the Note 5 at Best Buy today, and I came away unimpressed for the most part. They had 3 models, and only 1 of them actually worked properly. Tapping on apps took 2-4 presses to get apps to open on 2 phones. On one the gallery app wouldn't open no matter how many times I pressed it. The third one was pretty snappy and worked as it probably should, but having 2 of 3 demos with problems doesn't inspire confidence. I also played around with a G4 and 6 Plus. The 6 Plus was more comfortable to hold even though it's wider than the Note 5. I also didn't think the display on the Note 5 was as great as the praise it gets. I mean it looked good, but not really any better than the 6 Plus to me. Both look better than my 6 or M9, so that's something. The G4 was nice in most respects, but I just find that phone ugly. The S-Pen seemed kinda nice, but being that I'd never used one and didn't have much time, I couldn't really get the full potential out of it. I'm still interested in the Note 5 as an Android phone so I hope Samsung gets some more test drive phones soon. I could sell my M9 and 360, so not have to pay too much out of pocket if I truly liked it.

One thing I definitely decided is that I want to get the Plus version of the next iPhone I get. Oh, and the New MacBook is one nice looking laptop.

ar-7

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I currently have a Samsung and am heavily leaning toward the next iPhone.

I don't really like Touchwiz....the way it looks and I don't feel it is optimized well.

I was interested in the Note 5 after I saw Best Buy's special...free wireless charger and $200 gift card. However, after playing with it in the store I came away unimpressed. Touchwiz now runs pretty snappy but I still don't like the look. (I really there are themes, icon packs, launchers...I really don't want to screw with)

There are three things I do easily prefer about Samsung phones though...1) Screen 2) Camera (Front & Rear) 3) Wireless Charging.

I also played with the S6 Edge and Edge Plus while in Best Buy. I really am not a fan of the Edge screen. The phone looks cool but I don't think the functionality it adds is all that useful.

One thing that I would be concerned with Samsung phones is the amount of RAM they take up...I have read some Note 5 users have less than 1 GB of the 4 GB of RAM to use before they open any apps.

For me my next phone is coming down to the Moto X Pure and the next iPhone. There are things I really like about Android...dedicated back button, Google Services, and I already have USB Chargers. Plus I like the materials of the new Moto because I wouldn't feel the need to have a case...I dislike cases and take my chances by not having one on my S4. Another plus with the Moto X is the price. Hundreds less than iPhone and Samsung. I still appreciate iOS and the consistency it provides so I am undecided.

Another reason I am considering Apple (and Moto) over Samsung is the fact that if I buy from direct I can get one unlocked and use it on any carrier. Samsung doesn't offer this. With subsidizes going away and having to pay full price for a phone I want the freedom to switch carrier if I choose.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

That sounds like an awesome program. Where did you sign up?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Unfortunately I didn't get in before they ran out of the earmarked phones, but I did sign up via email. It's a good idea similar to T-Mobile's program to give their network a try.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
According to LG's G4 web page, the G4 has a 3000 mAh removable battery, and the G4 supports up to a 2 TB microSD card also. Being that the G4 has a removable back, they also had a number of different colored leather backs for purchase on the G4's accessories link page.
http://m.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/g4
Hope this helps you out, ✌️

2TB?!? Do they even make those? Woah. Yeah this phone is definitely on my radar. I would just need to make sure it connected automatically to my car... once that's been settled, I'll be all in.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk Pro.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Why would anyone step off of a horse to get on a donkey, Rain?

That's how I think about leaving  for Samsung, anyway

My Note 3 won't last forever. I need to also find a device with more storage, with hearing a G4 has up to 2TB for SD cards, I'm pretty amazed. I'll probably hold onto my Note 3 a little while longer and first upgrade my iPhone 6 to the newer iPhone. Then I'll probably deal hunt for the G4, bet there will be some sort of incentive as they'll be trying to sell them in competition with the new iPhone....

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
2TB?!? Do they even make those? Woah. Yeah this phone is definitely on my radar. I would just need to make sure it connected automatically to my car... once that's been settled, I'll be all in.

Yeah, I'm not so sure about those size cards being available yet (or any time soon), but that's what the stated upper limit for them were on the G4 product page...

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
My Note 3 won't last forever. I need to also find a device with more storage, with hearing a G4 has up to 2TB for SD cards, I'm pretty amazed. I'll probably hold onto my Note 3 a little while longer and first upgrade my iPhone 6 to the newer iPhone. Then I'll probably deal hunt for the G4, bet there will be some sort of incentive as they'll be trying to sell them in competition with the new iPhone....

On the G4 product page as you scroll down to where some of it's highlighted features are there's a picture of a 128 Gb card along with text stating that the G4 can accept up to/use a 2 Tb card (whenever those should come to be). Personally, I'm not expecting to see such capacities for storage cards come to pass anytime soon, however, the G4 will be ready for them when they do apparently...

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

No, there are no 2TB cards. The largest available is 256GB, and it's super expensive. The reason it says 2TB is because that is the largest that the SDXC format can support. All phones that fully support SDXC can technically support 2TB. OEM's only advertise 128 because until recently that was the largest available. My M9 supports 2TB, so do almost all recent flagships that have micro sd slots

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
No, there are no 2TB cards. The largest available is 256GB, and it's super expensive. The reason it says 2TB is because that is the largest that the SDXC format can support. All phones that fully support SDXC can technically support 2TB. OEM's only advertise 128 because until recently that was the largest available. My M9 supports 2TB, so do almost all recent flagships that have micro sd slots

Apparently the is a 512GB. The price though. Man.

f3e388bd0120a0bdf7c667f244afb48d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I've never been a Samsung fan (though I have to admit they make pretty good washers and dryers), but I have been tempted more than once by the Sony Xperia Z lineup. One of these days, I might have to give Sony a try.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Definitely . Personnal preference, I guess!
Since I love technology, I would not mind another phone to fiddle with and use from time to time (like the M9 or G4), but not as a daily driver. My heart remains with the  =P

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77