iPhone Launch Day - Tell Us Your Walk In Success Stories!

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I find it surprising how easy it would have been to get a standard 7 today in store, compared to the fight to get them on pre-order. I am still glad I did the pre-order, because I got the Matte Black and they're totally sold out locally. But I could have still walked into our AT&T store at dinner time and walked out with a Silver 128 w/o issue etc.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Had a 7 black 256GB reserved on upgrade program. I had to do it late (2000) and figured lines would have died down. Nope! Had to wait about half an hour in the reservation line which is the longest I've waited. The whole trading my phone in process and getting the new phone took probably 5 minutes tops.

The biggest drama was seeing a guy get cuffed just outside the store by private security and brought back in and detained until the local sheriff arrived. I heard he bought a phone with a stolen credit card and they let him complete the transaction and arrest him just as he walked out the door. Thank goodness he cooperated and didn't run with the crowd outside.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I swung by the Tysons Corner store at about 9pm and they were sold out of all 7 models. There was also a line of maybe 20 people who I think were waiting to make a reservation right at 12am, as well as a shorter line of people waiting to pick up their reservations. My wife is not totally sold on upgrading from a 5S to a 7, so we just played with the floor models a bit and left.

I work near that one :) was there on opening day!

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Called a Verizon store around 11am on launch day to see if any 7s 128GB in black in stock. Guy that picked up said "yeah, when can you come pick it up". Told him around noon. He held it for me. Took about 15 mins from when I got there and back to work I go. Nice smooth transaction.

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Denver at&t Corp store
Got there at 7:55am for 8am opening
5th in line
Only iPhone 7,no pluses. So no scoring lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members