Iphone attachable keyboard

Matt R.

Oct 22, 2008
Visit site
Years ago I used several different Newtons. The 2100 had nice handwriting recognition and a good on-screen keyboard as well.

You could though, purchase a nice external keyboard and case for it from Apple. The keyboard attached to the end of the Newton through the serial port. It would zip shut, with both the Newton and keyboard inside, into a small organizer sized bundle. When open the Newton could be propped up on it's angled shelf. It turned the whole thing into a micro-sized laptop for heavy duty typing.

An external, detachable, physical keyboard for the iPhone wouldn't take the place of the on screen board in any way. But it would provide a nice option.

Matt

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
...Having previously used a blackberry and Treo, I can tell you first hand that typing on one of those devices is much easier... I can't stand even sending short emails on mine iPhone.

You're trying too hard. Those real keypads require pushing which results in more area of the thumbs taking up space. The iPhone's keypad only requires the lowest point of the curve of the thumb to barely touch the keys (about 1/8" diameter or less).

PeerB

Jan 6, 2009
Visit site
In reality, I am so used to touch typing, that I would prefer a physical keyboard just due to its similarity to a computer's. You do eventually get used to the iPhone's typing, but I will always have a soft spot for real tactile buttons over haptic feedback. If they ever released an iPhone slider, I would be all over it.