iPhone 6s upgrade program credit card

kikazz69

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I just want to clear something out , the first Apple rep I talked to , told me it was ok to use a debit card ( I know it says no debit cards on the upgrade program page) but I do not have a credit card , so I asked him if it was ok to use a debit card and what he said is that 90% of debit cards can be used as credit so yes I would be able to use my visa debit card as long as it can be used as credit ( and it can) but now I am hearing that it has to be a credit card . I'm just so confused

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Did you try to use your card and it didn't work?

Rental car companies have a similar policy, but I use my business debit card all the time to rent cars when I go out of town because it can be used as a credit card as well. The only catch is that when security deposits are placed on the card, they actually move the money and then refund it later, where as a credit card would simply put a HOLD on the card and then release the hold when the car is returned.

I haven't read much into the upgrade program because it doesn't really interest me at all, but I'm guessing it will work on a debit card that has credit card functionality.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Because my reservation is not until Friday , there would be no way for me to check it right now

I didn't say check right now...I said try, which would mean try on Friday. If the rep told you that a debit card would work that has credit card functionality, then just go in there and do it that way. If you're afraid that you'll get there and you'll be denied the service because you don't have a credit card to use, what would be your option? If you can buy it, then just buy it Friday instead of using the upgrade program...if you HAVE to use the upgrade program, then regardless of whether it happens today or on Friday, you'll still leave with the same result, so why not just try and see?

kikazz69

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I didn't say check right now...I said try, which would mean try on Friday. If the rep told you that a debit card would work that has credit card functionality, then just go in there and do it that way. If you're afraid that you'll get there and you'll be denied the service because you don't have a credit card to use, what would be your option? If you can buy it, then just buy it Friday instead of using the upgrade program...if you HAVE to use the upgrade program, then regardless of whether it happens today or on Friday, you'll still leave with the same result, so why not just try and see?

I see what you mean , I am still going to go on Friday to see but it just confuses me how one rep says it's ok while another one says it's not ok , but I'm still going to go on Friday

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I see what you mean , I am still going to go on Friday to see but it just confuses me how one rep says it's ok while another one says it's not ok , but I'm still going to go on Friday

That is your best course of action...unfortunately when it comes to customer service reps, you can get a spectrum of stories ranging all over the place. Best bet is to just go find out for yourself and have a back up plan in case they tell you no. Good luck!

kikazz69

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
That is your best course of action...unfortunately when it comes to customer service reps, you can get a spectrum of stories ranging all over the place. Best bet is to just go find out for yourself and have a back up plan in case they tell you no. Good luck!

Thanks , I'm just going to give it a rest and just wait until Friday

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you can use a debit card if you can use it as credit. That's what I'm doing, but I'm paying for it out right. My reservation is Friday at 9:30.

♡~^☆~^♡

syx6sic

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I just got turned away from my reservations and my wife's where they wouldn't accept out visa bank card for their upgrade program after we were told when we set up there reservations for the 4 phones and all they could say was sorry for your luck

kikazz69

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I just got turned away from my reservations and my wife's where they wouldn't accept out visa bank card for their upgrade program after we were told when we set up there reservations for the 4 phones and all they could say was sorry for your luck

I'm getting ready to head out, I also have a Visa card but I don't know , I'm really scared , but my chances is , I'm probably gonna get rejected as well

syx6sic

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Let me know what happens cause if they let you use it but not me then I am going to have a big talk with their corporate offices

kikazz69

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Let me know what happens cause if they let you use it but not me then I am going to have a big talk with their corporate offices

There has been a lot of people with the Sam issue but what people are saying is they get denied because the systems keep crashing on citizens one part

syx6sic

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
There has been a lot of people with the Sam issue but what people are saying is they get denied because the systems keep crashing on citizens one part

But they didn't even try to run my card they just said they can only take major credit cards so apparently my visa bank card isn't a card at all to them

kikazz69

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
But they didn't even try to run my card they just said they can only take major credit cards so apparently my visa bank card isn't a card at all to them

I had no luck either but they did accept my credit/debit card the system was down on T-Mobiles part so they told me to come back tomorrow that they will hold the phone for me, I'm not going back tho I'm fine with my iPhone 6 Plus right now I just got way too hyped lol

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Are you certain that your bank card has credit functionality? Not all of them do...regardless of what logo is featured on the front of the card. I'm not finding anything online that reflects a large number of people who were approved or denied trying to use debit cards...I imagine we'll see more stories piling in over the weekend.

syx6sic

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Are you certain that your bank card has credit functionality? Not all of them do...regardless of what logo is featured on the front of the card. I'm not finding anything online that reflects a large number of people who were approved or denied trying to use debit cards...I imagine we'll see more stories piling in over the weekend.

Mine can run as credit or debit