Iphone 6S refuses to charge

jadu1234

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site
It simply started with my Iphone 6S would not load. I started by clearing the charging plug on the phone and also check that the cord worked. The cord worked well in the Ipad so I started to suspect the charging plug on the phone or something had happened to the battery.

I started with the exclusion method to find out if it was the battery or charging plug becuase the phone is fully discharged and can not be switched on. I opened the phone and plugged in a new fully charged Iphone 6S battery, which enabled me to turn on the phone and then test if it was charging now when I plugged in the charger, but nothing. I then assumed that it must be the charge connector that is broken and acquired me a new one. After plugging in the new charging connector, I tested again with both the old battery that is on the phone and the new one I added above but without results. I thought I might have had a bad time and got a defective charging contact, but since you replaced both the headphone jack and the charging connector on the same device, I tested if there was any sound coming from the headphones and yes it was working which meant the device was working.

The strange thing is that when I plug in the new fully loaded battery and have the phone turned off and then plugg in the charger, the phone is turned on but does not start charging. I guess there is some kind of push gear inside the charging connector that makes the phone feel like something has been plugged in.

What do you think is the fault? Could it be the motherboard that is defected and cant´t send the power to the battery?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a clue to where the fault lies. With that in mind, I recommend you make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store and have them diagnose the problem for you.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a clue to where the fault lies. With that in mind, I recommend you make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store and have them diagnose the problem for you.

Well, if the phone has been opened and third party parts are installed, I’m not sure that the Genius Bar will even do anything. If I’m not mistaken, once the phone has any non-Apple part, Apple will not even work on the phone. May have to go to an independent repair shop.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, if the phone has been opened and third party parts are installed, I’m not sure that the Genius Bar will even do anything. If I’m not mistaken, once the phone has any non-Apple part, Apple will not even work on the phone. May have to go to an independent repair shop.

Great catch, and I think you’re right.......Still, it’s worth a try.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jp8