IPhone 6 Plus: reviews and impressions

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I stated that when I received my new iPhone 6 Plus, I would tell everybody. Well, "EVERYBODY", I received my new space gray iPhone 6 Plus (64 GB model) today, via FedEx, while I was at work. First impressions? It's a beauty! I'm too tired to really set it up like I want, and I probably won't have the time until Christmas Day at the earliest. Anyway, I logged on only to do what I said I would do, and now I'm logging off.

Congrats on your new device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to have to do the same - excitedly make the announcement. Mine will be on Christmas Day! Can't even express the feelings of knowing my Plus has been sitting under my christmas tree for a week now and I still have three more days before I can start using it! Gah! Congrats on getting yours!

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
Opened this beautiful phone on Christmas Day - then almost panicked thinking I wouldn't be able to activate it until the next day, but thankfully someone helped me here on the forums and I was able to activate it! First impression is: I wish I had just gotten this on launch day instead of the 6 (which is also a great, great phone). But this is just amazing. The screen, the size, typing on it. I love it all. I think I have pretty average sized hands for a girl and don't find this too big at all - I think it's pretty perfect actually! I also haven't had any glitches or noticeable bugs - maybe not getting it in launch day meant I got it once most of the problems were ironed out? Not sure, but either way, I'm really happy with this phone!

thomasliveshere

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
My first iPhone was a 3GS. I then jumped ship and used android (Samsung Galaxy etc). I got an iPhone 6 Plus a week ago and I couldn't be happier. If anyone is having doubts about purchasing one of the latest iPhones, don't. They are the best yet. Made me realise just how much I missed the fluid, beautiful OS. I'm now immersing myself into everything Apple. :)

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
If you are on the fence about choosing between getting the iPhone 6 or the iPhone 6 Plus, hopefully MY deciding factors can help with what's important to you and what iPhone model is best for YOU.

First off lets start of with the differences between the two devices:

Size/Screen Size- The iPhone 6 Plus obviously has a much bigger screen, but it also does provide a slight increase in resolution. As pointed out in some other reviews, it isn't a huge noticeable difference to the naked eye. To me, this was not a big deal as both devices provided a glorious and fantastic screen. Videos, YouTube, Media, etc is AWESOME on the bigger screen though.
Camera- The iPhone 6 Plus's camera comes with Optical Image Stabilization. The iPhone 6 does not. There are tons of reviews on the web with comparisons, and I will admit, it does provide a better picture image. I shoot a lot of quick shots with my iPhone, and though this was not huge factor for me, It does have its benefits.
iOS- The iPhone 6 Plus also provides the user with an "iPad like" feel (on some apps and home screen). This is a cool feature, but not very impactful to my decision and everyday use (for example, I never text in landscape mode).
BATTERY LIFE- Now, THIS is what made me go with the iPhone 6 Plus. This was the number one issue I had with my previous iPhones (iPhone 3g, iPhone 4, iPhone 5). Before the iPhone 6 Plus I have to admit, I was a little jealous of my wife's Samsung Galaxy S5's battery life. People aren't kidding when they talk about how great the battery life is and impressed with how much usage they can get off a single charge. It's quite remarkable! The iPhone 6 doesn't have much of an upgrade to battery life compared to previous models, which is understandable due to its comparative size to the 6 Plus; Bigger device with a bigger battery.
Totability/wieldability- Whatever you want to call it, this is obviously a big difference. When at the Apple store and holding the iPhone 6 in my hand, it felt MUCH MORE comfortable in the hand than the iPhone 6 Plus. It is clearly made for one handed use and is definitely the signature upgrade to the iPhone series. The iPhone 6 Plus is a BEAST-no question! Its NOT a one handed device; Its a two-hander for sure. This being said, it still feels good in the hands (yes, plural) because of its build quality.

After about three days of owning the iPhone 6 Plus, I REALLY love it and am glad I didn't go with the regular 6. Initially, I thought I might have an issue with the sheer size and hold ability, but now that I have used it for three days, I've adjusted without even thinking about it. I don't wear tight jeans, so its not an issue in the pocket and doesn't feel in the way. I never really text one handed (even on my now much smaller iPhone 5), so texting on this beast was actually more enjoyable and comfortable for me. If I'm driving and have to respond to a text, I always used the Voice to Text feature, so there was no difference there either. Rarely to I actually talk on the phone, and when I do, I found that I'm a "speaker phone" talker while in the car alone, so that wasn't any different. When I am in a crowd an need to put the phone to my ear, I really could care less how I look with this mammoth up to my ear LOL. If you're the type of person who uses a Bluetooth device or the Apple headphones w/ mic when talking on the phone, then you probably wont see any difference in phone use either.

After reading this, if you have decided on a device based on my review/experience, ask yourself one last question. Do I want to own a smartphone or step into the world of a "phablet"? Personally, I was always against "phablets' for their size and judgemental thought of totability, but after owning the iPhone 6 Plus, I don't think I will ever go back to a regular smartphone. I get the best of both world- Tablet/iPad and smartphone.

I hope my experience and write up helps. Enjoy!

Jessica Yan

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Everything is depend to your needs. This device has the exact same design as well as similar specifications.
The difference is the body size and the the screen size. If the user is concerned about the size, the iPhone 6 Plus will be the right choice for enjoying multimedia content, any camera is equipped with OIS technology, and it has a larger battery.

caymangt4

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
love the size and resolution of the screen. kinda disappointed apple didn't make the 6 0.3 inches bigger, I think 5 inch would be the perfect size.

am1480

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I have had the iPhone years ago, and went to Android, and now back to the iPhone 6 Plus. Now I remember why I went to Android, there was so much more choices in apps, which were descent and free, but It seems to me apple is holding the iPhone owner hostage. I wanted a text app like Chomp and Handscent, and so I found Go SMS Pro, so I spent my money, to have it open to a screen that is completely blank.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had the iPhone years ago, and went to Android, and now back to the iPhone 6 Plus. Now I remember why I went to Android, there was so much more choices in apps, which were descent and free, but It seems to me apple is holding the iPhone owner hostage. I wanted a text app like Chomp and Handscent, and so I found Go SMS Pro, so I spent my money, to have it open to a screen that is completely blank.

I find that the iPhone has better apps. I would rarely pay for a quality app than get a subpar one for free like I did when I had android. A lot of IPhone apps have free versions so you can try them out or use them without certain features if you choose. I like this option. I do not personally by a ton of a apps, but the ones I do I love.

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I definitely love this iphone 6 plus. it is very different from previous iphone. the double tap home button gives easily reach things one handed. it can also rotate 360 degree like ipad. i also love the round edges that gives uniqueness to the previous iphone. the speaker is quite loud. I'm happy to have this iphone 6 plus.

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I always thought the 6 plus was ridiculous then I held one and immediately when I went to my iPhone 5 I was disappointed. So I knew I needed a new phone.

I am huge into productivity and was a HEAVY BlackBerry user. But when the company took a dive I didn't want to be stuck with a device for 2 years that had 0 value.

I went to AT&T and was strongly considering the BlackBerry Passport too because I believe they are making a comeback. I watched literally 20+ videos on the Passport and iPhone 6+ But I couldn't get over the fact that I wanted an all-in-one device. For fun and work. As I tried the Passport I found I actually type faster in the iPhone. I was SHOCKED. I found I had to MAKE things work for the BlackBerry rather than everything just "working" on the 6+.

So I again tried the 6 plus and I loved the size. The feel the speed and the pictures. I have three beautiful girls and I love taking pics and videos. The BlackBerry just cannot compete in that realm.

I love the 6 plus. I always wanted an iPad mini but didn't want to spend the money to have 2 devices. This is perfect for me in work and non-work.

Now I need to find a case and there is no Fre from lifeproof 😞 so I'm trying to find something inexpensive and thin.

End of the day. In thought it was too big and then I tried it. The iPad like additions (multiple panes) on the phone is EXACTLY what I wanted.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
6 plus is a great phone all around. Screen real estate is awesome!!! You get used to be size pretty quickly.

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had the 6 since launch day and just upgraded to the 6+ two days ago. I am in love. The experience is so much better with the + over the smaller size 6. I'll be sticking with the + from here on out. Watching videos, playing games and web browsing are so much better on this phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77