iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I ordered via the Apple store app. I was tempted to do in store pickup when I saw the option but changed my mind.

It's interesting that you say you didn't even see the option. That's weird. The option is there even now but it's greyed out probably because they aren't offering it anymore so close to release with 3-4 week delay now for preorders.

As I recall, it wasn't an option on the Apple Store app in iOS... I certainly don't remember seeing it...

anon(4706822)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I ordered around 320ish thru Verizon (64 gb white and slate) and the status page says "we have received your order and it is in process" but it's said that since Friday. Starting to worry a little

I am in the same boat too, you are not alone. I just contacted Verizon via e-mail and got this response:

"Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless. Your pre-order for the iPhone 5 has been received and waiting to be processed. You should receive an email with your tracking information once the equipment ships. Based off of the time in which your order was submitted, the equipment should be delivered on 9/21/2012.

Once the order has been completed we will process the payment of $xxx.xx. Any $0 charges you are seeing on your bank statement are pre-authorizational charges that the system 'tests' the card to make sure it is valid. You will see these pending charges fall off usually within 2-3 business days."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rew001

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Haven't got any tracking information from Apple yet... I checked the order page and it says "Preparing for Shipping" and delivers by 9/21...

Checked UPS and the package is still in Louisville...

Checked CC and I don't see the charge anywhere, not even in pending...

I hope Apple provides some updates soon...

Check your bank and see if Apple put a temporary authorization charge on your CC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rew001

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Ordered Apple.com 12:15am PDT day of preorder... Order status showing STILL "Preparing for Shipment", with "Delivers 9/21".... but I'm losing hope... no shipping notification emails, no CC charge yet, no UPS reference search results (using both home/cell and work numbers)... tried FedEx Reference search, nothing there either....

arrrrrggghhhhh :(

Check your bank and see if Apple put a temporary authorization charge on your CC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: jake.orlan

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
My confirmation from Sprint says:

Thank you for pre-ordering the 32G iPhone 5. You are one step closer to getting your phone. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Your device will arrive on or around September 21. For questions, visit sprint.com/preorder.

It said this from the gitgo last night.

Apple Care is showing on backorder.:rolleyes:

Mine shows the same. Though I just logged on to my account online an have a new bill available for next month. It shows the $320 charge for my iPhone 5...shows the activation fee...the 2 year upgrade statement...list the iPhone 5 on my account. There's even a IMEI/MEID number showing...I still haven't received any shipping tracking information. Last year when I got the 4S around same time I already had gotten a tracking number. Oh well I'm confident I'll get mine Friday. I already sold my iPhone4S and temporarily using my moms previous phone...a blackberry 3G curve...yesterday I upgraded her line to a new iPhone 4S for $99 at apple store. Her first iPhone and she loves it. Omg! How I miss my iPhone/iOS....

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

akidd411

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat too, you are not alone. I just contacted Verizon via e-mail and got this response:

"Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless. Your pre-order for the iPhone 5 has been received and waiting to be processed. You should receive an email with your tracking information once the equipment ships. Based off of the time in which your order was submitted, the equipment should be delivered on 9/21/2012.

Once the order has been completed we will process the payment of $xxx.xx. Any $0 charges you are seeing on your bank statement are pre-authorizational charges that the system 'tests' the card to make sure it is valid. You will see these pending charges fall off usually within 2-3 business days."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks I really hope it comes Friday, just got the money for my 4s from selling it on eBay so I'll be without Siri for a few days :(

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
funny-pictures-lolcats-maru-the-ninja.jpg

lbarnwell

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I put in the billing phone number for my order on the UPS website under track by reference and it came up that it shipped 2 days ago even though it still says that it is preparing for shipping on Apple's website. My phone is in KY.

sammileah

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Just FYI, i know some people were concerned with porting numbers delaying shipping...If you used Verizon, it should not.

For reference, I ordered at 9am Friday and my order was shipped this morning.

I just got a call from Verizon - one of our accounts was not ported because they didn't have the correct pin. They were able to fix this in a couple mins on the phone, but it did not affect them sending us the phones. So they told us it would be ready to activate when we get it.

Really happy with the service so far!

lbarnwell

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
This is freaking obsessive!!! I have been going nuts over shipping all morning. Now I wonder if that package is my husbands or mine. His still says Processing but I know Apple is slow to update the status. Friday just needs to come...NOW!!!!

ronmcse

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered mine from Apple. Will it come with the AT&T SIM card installed or will I have to take it to a AT&T store to get it activated with a new SIM? I don't have a AT&T store in my city, nearest one is 30 miles away.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77