iPhone 5 earpiece not working after ifixit battery replacement, what do I need to do?

jsizzlemcnizzle

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Iphone 5 earpiece not working after ifixit battery replacement

I replaced the battery in my iPhone 5 and my ear speaker stopped working. I've tried replacing the ear speaker and still no sound. Does anyone have any ideas what i've ruined and need to replace?

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Iphone 5 earpiece not working after ifixit battery replacement

Welcome to iMore! Does the loud speaker work? Have you checked to make sure the silent button didn't get jammed when you took your phone apart? iPhones aren't meant to be peeled apart so doing so may cause any number of issues.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

I replaced the battery in my iPhone 5 and my ear speaker stopped working. I've tried replacing the ear speaker and still no sound. Does anyone have any ideas what i've ruined and need to replace?

After confirming what DevilishBanker mentioned, if no go, then one out of the 3 or 4 flex cables that are bundled up at top right may have come loose from its connector. Check any video on how to remove the screen and see the concerned flex cables. If you split the screen part a bit more than required, the damage could have occurred there.

P.S. I successfully changed my battery, however during the home button replacement, I destroyed the camera module and had to take it to a chop shop to get that changed.

jsizzlemcnizzle

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site

The loudspeaker still works fine and the silent switch works. The phones ear speaker was beginning to allow very little sound caused by being left in the rain for a little or a very dirty microphone screen. It stopped working completely after the battery replacement and I've taken it apart countless times trying to rejigger it. I was honestly trying to identify the issue to address it myself, but i might have to actually take it in to get looked at.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SarahWilkerson