iPhone 5 accessories

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
This adapter lets you connect devices with a Lightning connector to many of your 30-pin accessories.* Video and iPod Out not supported. (*Some 30-pin accessories are not supported.)
Guess you can't squeeze 30 pins into 8 or 9, even with an adapter. So it's mostly for charging.

(Written while watching Netflix on TV through an iPhone 4.)

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If it doesn't support audio out I am not sure why anyone would need/want it. If you need a new charger you could pick one up soon enough for half the price.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
looks like apple changed the description...

"This adapter lets you connect devices with a Lightning connector to many of your 30-pin accessories.* Support for analog audio output, USB audio, as well as syncing and charging. Video output not supported."

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
According to iLounge
Apple has confirmed that its Lightning to 30-Pin Adapters will be capable of passing iPhone 5 audio to prior Dock Connector-based docks, speakers, and cables, but will not support video out from the iPhone 5 to older video accessories, or ?iPod out? mode transmission of data and album art, used in some car and home video dock accessories.
So the adapters will work with stereo docks, but not video docks or some car docks. I doubt most of us are using iPod-out, since I never heard of it before, and it's not the same as regular audio-out. I think. We'll see.

At least I'll have a good excuse to buy an HDMI adapter instead of using my old 30-pin component adapter, whenever it comes out. Although my wife is now pushing for an Apple TV...

budweiser45

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site