iPhone 4S screen is a grease magnet???

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Compared to my iP4, the iP4S screen is a grease magnet :-O iP4 would almost basically clean itself after face grease/debris got on it... it just sorta disappeared promptly and I virtually never had to clean the screen. WIth my iP4S grease and debris just sits there and I have to wipe it down. If I wanted the screen to be as clean as the iP4 was (which didn't need cleaning) I'd be wiping it down after every time it's put up against my face. It's an extremely noticeable difference and I'm actually thinking of returning it because I can't help but wonder if my oleophylic (clearly NOT oleophobic) screen is a defective :rolleyes:

Obviously, I'm not interested in hearing people's jokes about my dirty face or other hygiene comments... unless they are VERY funny :D Any feedback from other folks that switched from iP4 to iP4S on this particular topic?

Kehjj04

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
It literally swipes the (very expensive) make up right off my face!! I hate speaker phone but hate losing my make up more!

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
It literally swipes the (very expensive) make up right off my face!! I hate speaker phone but hate losing my make up more!

Hmm. Being a dude, that hasn't been an issue :D But, I thought the screen was designed to repel oils (not sure what make-up is composed of) to keep it clean. Anyone else find the iP4S screen less oil repelling than the iP4??

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Just for the s of it I looked at my screen and it has some minor facial grease on it. I imagine it is because of the screen protector. Last look at my wife's hers is slightly more greasy but she wears makeup at times and really isnt as ocd as i am.:D

Apple Ifad

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Actually my 4S is better about it than my 4. But then 4 used to be pretty good to but its a 1 1/2 years old. Its just after a year and a half the coating wares off.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Actually my 4S is better about it than my 4. But then 4 used to be pretty good to but its a 1 1/2 years old. Its just after a year and a half the coating wares off.

Wears off?!?! I thought the "oleophobic" factor (which Apple hyped to the nines pre-release, if I recall) was built into the screen, not actually a coating on top of it. I could definitely be wrong, not an expert. Interesting other folks are having similar luck between 4 and 4S. Maybe someone on the assembly line in their Foxconn factory forgot to put the "oleophobic" coating on my 4S :mad::confused:

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Wears off?!?! I thought the "oleophobic" factor (which Apple hyped to the nines pre-release, if I recall) was built into the screen, not actually a coating on top of it. I could definitely be wrong, not an expert. Interesting other folks are having similar luck between 4 and 4S. Maybe someone on the assembly line in their Foxconn factory forgot to put the "oleophobic" coating on my 4S :mad::confused:

If its THAT bad make a genius bar appointment and take it to apple - their customer service is stellar ... Would be highly surprised if they didn't replace your device

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burningroad