iPhone 4 Bluetooth Issues

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I really hope 4.1 fixes it. Except I can't (won't) update until JB is available.
Bluetooth use to be so nice on my 4 hour roundtrip commute a couple times a week. But I guess it's a "feature" of the new iPhone 4 to build my bicep muscles.

jamesdamon

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm using a Q1 blueant and everyone says it echos and sounds like crap...although it sounds decent on my end.

Anyone else using a blueant Q1??

Come on Apple fix this already

cbr

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a Lexus IS 250 and it worked fine with the iPhone 3gs. When I got my iPhone 4 it all sounds the same. 75-80 percent of the time it sounds muffled.

Also I have a problem where the bluetooth connects to my car, and then I try to make a call and the connection dies, and then reconnects.

SUCKS! I need to use bluetooth when I drive.

cbr

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I have no problems whatsoever with my Lexus IS250.

However, there are times with my BackBeat 903's that I do experience skipping. I find if I clear up some memory by closing apps down the issue is not as bad.

What year IS 250? I have the problem with my 2007.

JNGold

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
cbr; said:
What year IS 250? I have the problem with my 2007.

2008 with Navi. For the first time today my wife called when I was in the car and she couldn't hear me over the bt connection. I had to take the call off speaker for her to hear me .

fish500

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Can't pair?

I'm a recent convert from Blackberry to iPhone4, and for some reason I can't pair the iPhone with the audio system in my 2010 Subaru Legacy. When I get to the part where it asks me to type in the passcode it displays for the phone, I do that and nothing happens. The car just keeps searching for the phone, and eventually it gives up. This was a piece of cake with the Blackberry, and I'm perplexed about why it's not pairing with the iPhone. ANy ideas?

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Also, I stream music from my iPhone to my car stereo via bluetooth, and it'll cut out and then continue every once in awhile. My iPhone 3G never did that.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I've found this with both my Q1 and my Icon. More often they're fine if I start the conversation with them, but if I answer the phone and then try to turn on BT to complete a conversation, the person at the other end complains that I've just submerged. :(

I have his same trouble and have found when this happens. It only occurs for me when I pair my phone in mid conversation. I have the same trouble with my jvc car stereo. As long as I pair my device before making a call then it works perfect. Is this the same for everyone?

robertpetry

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Seems like a very common problem. I was using a Jawbone Icon and people started telling me I sounded like I was under water. I deleted it and repaired it with the phone and I think that helped for a bit. But the problem kept coming back.

The headphone worked extremely well with my old Palm Pre and with the Evo I tried for 3 weeks before I switched to AT&T and the iPhone 4. But till 4.1 comes out and hopefully fixes the issue, I am using a wired headset or just the handset. Stinks, but I talk to customers all day and just can't have these problems.

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
The BT receiver in the iPhone is really picky?it's always been that way for me. I'd try to figure out where in the car the BT receiver is, and put the iPhone closest to that spot.

bold move

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
A few months prior to purchasing my iphone4 on launch day, I purchased a Plantetronics bluetooth. It did not work at all with the new iphone4. No one could hear me. Not being able to handle talking without bluetooth, I purchased the Jawbone icon. It works most of the time but if my iphone4 is in my purse or pocket people will tell me they cannot hear me or I am muffled. Sometimes when the iphone4 is out in the open the Jawbone still does not have a good connection and I have to give up and use the phone regular. I have a bad habit of letting my face mute the phone or hang up when talking regular.

Mark511

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a BT issue as well, I use a Parrot car kit, the BT on the iphone just turns off when it's connected. Sometimes it works great sometimes it doesn't. Never had this issue with my Palm. Hopefully they'll have a fix for it soon. Love the iphone.

kcdk99

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Issues with Plantronics Backbeat 903

I have the problem with above headset. Really sketchy. Never did that on my 3GS. Definitely a problem with the iPhone 4 antenna... and that's even when I'm not holding it in the grip of death.

fish500

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
BT pairing -- it worked!

The BT receiver in the iPhone is really picky?it's always been that way for me. I'd try to figure out where in the car the BT receiver is, and put the iPhone closest to that spot.

This worked. I slowly waved the iPhone all over the front of the passenger compartment, from the overhead console to the radio to under the dash, and somewhere in there the car and the phone found each other. Paired! Thanks.

marcster

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
this is driving me nuts

my jawbone prime will unpair then pair then unpair then pair however when im on a call it retains a connection...

...need...4.1....asap!

Scott R

Oct 29, 2001
tapland.com
Anyone see improved sound quality with a Bluetooth headset with the 4.1 upgrade? I haven't upgraded yet, but my wife has been complaining the last few weeks that I sound like I'm in a windtunnel. I have a Motorola Bluetooth headset (I don't remember the specific model off-hand), and I don't think she ever complained about it when I was still using my 3GS.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
So far, GREAT improvement. Only thing I've yet to try is turning on the BT midway through a call - that was always a big fail.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
My favorite part of 4.1 is AVRCP and it works great on my Motorola S9-HD stereo headphones. Since upgrading I noticed a huge improvement with sound quality but I also noticed a slight decrease in range but nothing too bad.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB