iPhone 4 and Radio Shack

matthew23

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
I am trying to decide where I should pre-order my iPhone 4 - AT&T, Apple or Radio Shack. I am leaning towards Radio Shack because they are offering $200.00 towards my 3GS trade-in. I know, I could sell it for a lot more on craigslist BUT I am sure there are going to be one million 3GSs on craigslist and the radio shack trade in seems pretty painless....I am only up for an early upgrade ($499 for 32 gb, which sucks but I digress.)

I have never really bought anything from Radio Shack. I spoke with a rep this morning who seemed pretty confident. he specifically told me the 32gb 3GS will have a trade-in value, on launch day for $200. The only thing I am worried about is them screwing up my plan. I get a business discount and I do not want to lose my unlimited (5gb!) data cap (I do not want to switch to a 2gb plan)...

Am I risking anything by going to Radio Shack rather than AT&T???

Thanks in advance.

zacharace

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Dont trade in your 3GS for $200. Your giving money away if you do

That, and I've heard varying reports of the "confidence" and competence of RS's reps. They don't even have a specific pre-order plan yet, so I'd be a little leery.

Personally, I'm staying with Apple; RS has already done enough to me personally to make me suspicious of them :rolleyes:

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
That, and I've heard varying reports of the "confidence" and competence of RS's reps.

I'll second that. I was in the middle of BFE 2 weeks ago when I needed a basic power cord for a PC. The Radio Shack rep asked if I need some help. I asked him for the location of a power cord.

He asked, "For what?"

I said, "A desktop PC."

He looked at me a little crossed eyed and said, "I don't think we carry those here."

I then quickly scanned the store, walked over, and picked up one off the shelf. Sheeez......:rolleyes:

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
yeah radio shack is a joke anymore really. i never buy anything from there at all. I am going to be going to my AT&T store in the morning to pre order my phone. I am not entirely sure if it will be shipped to my house or if they can have it shipped to the store yet though.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
How much data do you use? Wouldn't 2GB's be enough? Plus the extra 1 they let you buy when needed? I'm a HEAVY BB user, radio & video streaming, web, email, etc and I still only use about a GB a month often less, and I don't think I have ever cracked 1.5 GBs.

mqguitar

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I am currently going to do it at radioshack. I talked to them and they told me there getting up to 15 preorders and ten just on stock for walkins. At almost every radioshack. And the guy told me the condition of my 3gs i can get up to 256 for 16. I asked about 32gb 3gs they can give up to 300 something. And hey I feel safer knowing i just got to give 50 dollar deposit and being assured i will receive the phone that day. And then the store being empty. Than waiting inline at ATT or Apple.

And hey i have only early upgrade and do not want to deal with craigslist and ebay.Which I am sure there will be millions of iphones and their price is going to depreciate just like the 3g when 3gs came out

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I am currently going to do it at radioshack. I talked to them and they told me there getting up to 15 preorders and ten just on stock for walkins. At almost every radioshack. And the guy told me the condition of my 3gs i can get up to 256 for 16. I asked about 32gb 3gs they can give up to 300 something. And hey I feel safer knowing i just got to give 50 dollar deposit and being assured i will receive the phone that day. And then the store being empty. Than waiting inline at ATT or Apple.

And hey i have only early upgrade and do not want to deal with craigslist and ebay.Which I am sure there will be millions of iphones and their price is going to depreciate just like the 3g when 3gs came out

If you pre-order at Apple or AT&T , you could still pick it up without having to wait in line ;):p

robertpetry

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I just posted this info in another thread but I spoke with the managers of two Radio Shacks tonight and they explained their process.

1st that they are not doing a true "pre-order" and are reserving the phones instead. She said the reserve starts at 1 pm EDT and there is no money down. They are reserving them on a first come/first serve basis and offering a $20 accessory credit with each line. Finally, she said the phones would be in-store between the 24th and the 27th, most likely the 24th but no promises.

ozone

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Is Radio Shack capable of handling plan stuff? I have 2 lines on a family plan. One is a Blackberry and the other is an Iphone. The iphone to iphone swap should be no problem so i can keep the $30 unlimited data. The Blackberry to iPhone is what may be tricky--to maintain the $30 unlimited plan. I know it can be done as per research online. Can Radio Shack make this switch or if not, what's the best alternative to ensure that there are no errors (online, ATT store, Apple) ? Thanks. My Radio Shack is convenient as is the ATT store but I went there once and seemed to know more about phones than they did (and I'm no expert).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii28