Iphone 3GS 4.2.1 BB 6.15 Need Help

wilko89911

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

My Iphone 3GS is Jailbroken and unlocked. However the unlock is tethered which is kind of annoying, especially if I'm away from my computer.

Is there an untethered unlock available? I've searched the web and I can't come up with anything.

Thank you in advance,
Joe

jackie treehorn

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Not at the moment. I knew that them using the iPad bb was going to be sketchy and leave a lot of people up sh!t creek. Hopefully the dev team will get something worked out soon.

oNly1pHone

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Wrong!! I'm running a 3GS on 4.2.1 with the 6.15 iPad baseband and it is fully unlocked with an untethered jailbreak!!

oNly1pHone

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
No need to reply like that! Have no idea what his procedure was but I'm not gonna go through the whole procedure. Basically the first jailbreak was tethered, performed my unlock and in the same procedure after all was finished I just re-jailbroke it with the untethered GreenPoison 4.2.1. I know that sounds very narrowed down but really there wasn't a whole bunch to it!

wilko89911

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Bump

I stopped checking this thread after the first response.

Is there any chance you could post a bried step by step only1phone? I would appreciate it alot, I'm a noob.

Also, Is Greenpoison for Mac's or PC's?

Thanks in advance :)

jackie treehorn

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Bump

I stopped checking this thread after the first response.

Is there any chance you could post a bried step by step only1phone? I would appreciate it alot, I'm a noob.

Also, Is Greenpoison for Mac's or PC's?

Thanks in advance :)

Greenposion will work on both of those platforms

wilko89911

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I followed these steps and voila! my Iphone rebooted untethered!

2-soft.com/3051/iphone-ios/greenpoison-rc5-4-2-1-unthetered-jailbreak-is-out-tutorial-and-download

Although the Loader Icon didn't appear, so I misssed out steps 5 + 6.

oNly1pHone

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry about that wilko, I never checked the forums while I was at work or I would have answered you sooner! Seems like you got it all figured out! Everything workin' like it should then?

wilko89911

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Sorry about that wilko, I never checked the forums while I was at work or I would have answered you sooner! Seems like you got it all figured out! Everything workin' like it should then?

Meh, not really. Yer it will boot untethered when the battery is full, however the battery is draining really quick and the phone keeps crashing and turning its self off (sometimes it will reboot, however, some of the time I need to connect it to a computer to reboot.)

I really wish I had just waited and not changed the baseband. I'll search the internet and see If I can come up with a solution.

oNly1pHone

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Well that sucks!! Sorry to hear that! Not too sure why that would be happening. Hopefully you can come up with a solution! So far, mine has been working no different than it did when it was stock! Good luck and keep us posted!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludogg23