iPhone 3.0 Beta 2?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Last year it was released on March 28th I believe... wonder if the 3.0 beta will drop that soon as well. (With a lot of bug fixes)

Thoughts?

APPCRITICal

Dec 28, 2008
Visit site
I want them to fix the MMS button, everytime i try and take a new photo it just cancels and goes back to blank message, if i add one i've already taken it works fine?!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
It's a closed beta. Non-devs aren't supposed to have it. Devs are supposed to use it to compile for the new version, and report RADAR bugs to Apple.

Next version could fix some glitches but have whole new ones.

My guess is 3.0 Beta X will aggravate anyone who's trying to use it as a primary phone OS until "summer", and even then, everyone remembers 2.0 wasn't super-slick even in final release.

:)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It's a closed beta. Non-devs aren't supposed to have it. Devs are supposed to use it to compile for the new version, and report RADAR bugs to Apple.

Next version could fix some glitches but have whole new ones.

My guess is 3.0 Beta X will aggravate anyone who's trying to use it as a primary phone OS until "summer", and even then, everyone remembers 2.0 wasn't super-slick even in final release.

:)

While I agree with you, I'd like to think Apple has learned their lesson from 2.0 and bugs. So... only time will tell.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
According to Appleinsider Beta 2 is due out anytime now and will include push notifications working via Apple servers. Although won't do us much good since we don't have the apps yet but we can hope for some bug fixes and possibly working MMS. But I wouldn't hold my breath for MMS.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
According to Appleinsider Beta 2 is due out anytime now and will include push notifications working via Apple servers. Although won't do us much good since we don't have the apps yet but we can hope for some bug fixes and possibly working MMS. But I wouldn't hold my breath for MMS.

Where did you read this?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Where did you read this?

It was a little blurb at the end of a unrelated story on Appleinsider.

In somewhat related news, company engineers are also racing to deliver a new build of iPhone Software 3.0 to iPhone and iPod touch developers. One of the big features destined for this build is said to be live support for Push Notifications through Apple's servers, which is currently undergoing some final internal tests.

Ghecko

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Well it depends on how many people beta it and report bugs the more people who beta and report bugs that faster apple can wash them out and fix the problem.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I just don't get how the introduce bugs on areas that haven't been touched? I'm thinking some of this might just be debug code running and causing slow downs and if they just compiled the same exact code without that stuff it would run better.