iPhone 13: To upgrade or not to upgrade?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I just ordered mine. 13 Pro 1 TB Sierra Blue.

Didn’t get a case yet.

Are the cases the same size as the 12 Pro?

I heard on this past Friday’s episode of “The iMore Show” that the cases will not be the same, because of the camera bump.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Having an iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB Graphite myself, I don’t think the iPhone 13 is that big of an upgrade.
I vote for “to not upgrade”

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Even though I did order a 13 Pro to upgrade to from my 11 Pro Max, I was definitely debating it. A lot of it came down to "want" vs need though. I wanted the new design with the straight side, wanted the camera features, etc. I've actually not used my current phone nearly as much as I expected to due to the pandemic the last 18 months but hopefully things will get better over the next 2-3 years I plan to keep the 13 Pro. One of my main uses is the cameras. Took the 11 Pro Max to Ireland in 2019 the week after it released and used it like 80% of the time vs my DSLR with lenses. Partly as an experiment to see what I could get with it. Of course in situations where I wanted to make sure I was getting good shots I used both just to compare. So for me, the cameras on the 13's are what I'm really after and the low light improvements in the Pro are going to be amazing for that vs the 11 Pro's.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Upgrade to what is the real question for me?
Cameras are all basically very good now so it becomes a sales ploy in my mind. I’m off the “upgrade every 1 or 2 years” wagon. I just don’t see the value.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Software is the biggest upgrade you can do with a camera (phone).
iOS 15 brought huge improvements to my 12 Pro Max camera. Obviously it cannot overcome physics (true optical zoom) but improvements and adjustments to post processing make all the difference in the world particularly when in low light environments.

iphonelvr

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Paid 500 for my 12 pro, apple is giving me 640 for it and with discount it makes the 13 pro 260 bones for me. It’s a no brainer, I’m getting paid to upgrade.

I’m upgrading from iPhone 12 Pro to iPhone 13 Pro. I like to upgrade every year. I stayed with the iPhone XS for 2 years and it felt pretty weird being with an older phone while everyone had the latest and greatest lol

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I’m upgrading from iPhone 12 Pro to iPhone 13 Pro. I like to upgrade every year. I stayed with the iPhone XS for 2 years and it felt pretty weird being with an older phone while everyone had the latest and greatest lol

I can’t see myself keeping my phone for longer than a year lol sad I know

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
My wife caved this afternoon and ordered a 13 Mini to replace her 11 Pro. She likes the smaller size. I have an 11 issued to me as a work phone which is the same size basically as the 13 and 13 Pro and she was like NOPE too big. Too bad that she'll miss out on the extra Pro goodies but I understand.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Every year, I'm like 'meh - these new features don't really justify an upgrade for me. I will wait for next year'.
And 2 days later I upgrade.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Every year, I'm like 'meh - these new features don't really justify an upgrade for me. I will wait for next year'.
And 2 days later I upgrade.

giphy.gif

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
My wife caved this afternoon and ordered a 13 Mini to replace her 11 Pro. She likes the smaller size. I have an 11 issued to me as a work phone which is the same size basically as the 13 and 13 Pro and she was like NOPE too big. Too bad that she'll miss out on the extra Pro goodies but I understand.

I would’ve loved a Mini Pro! I’m not thrilled that the 13 Pro is a little larger than the X it’ll be replacing, but it’s time for me to upgrade this line & I refuse to not have the Pro features. It kind of sucks, but it is what it is.

I also thought about replacing my 11 Pro, as well, and getting both the Pro & Mini, but I’m not sure I want to get back into upgrading both phones at the same time again. But as I’m typing this, it kind of makes sense to do it because it’ll be better to carry a 13Pro & Mini vs a 13Pro & 11Pro…..UGH I hate when I enable myself

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77