iPad Pro 9.7 (photo edits)

Stephanie 1

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm seriously considering updating my 4th generation iPad to the new iPad Pro 9.7 I mainly need it for uni work & also photo editing. But I can't decided between the iPad Pro or Macbook Pro. I've heard mixed reviews from friends.
For those of you that already have the iPad Pro 9.7 do you feel it's a good photo editing tool.

The Apple pencil has definitely caught my eye and also the availability of being able to use a keyboard for my university work but I'm just not sure...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Photo editing is fine via the iPad Pro in my experience, and the Pencil is very accurate and sensitive. Having said that, there are still some things that are best done on a traditional computer, but you'll have to determine whether or not that include your usage.

Stephanie 1

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I'm still undecided. The MacBook Pro is working in my favour at the moment but I tried out the pencil with the iPad Pro yesterday and wow!!

Alanhd

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
You could edit photos just on the the iPad Pro. I use a combination of Lightroom, Pixelmator, Color splash and photoshop fix to edit photos, but I always end up back with the desktop version of Lightroom and photoshop and my Wacom tablet for any intensive editing.

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I'm still undecided. The MacBook Pro is working in my favour at the moment but I tried out the pencil with the iPad Pro yesterday and wow!!
I'd love to buy the iPad Pro for the Pencil for photo editing. I want the precision for selecting areas and for the brushes. I'm pretty good using the mouse, but the pencil looks like it will be better.

I think you have to look at the photo editing apps you would be using on the iPad Pro and see if they offer what you need.