iPad Mount in car DIY style

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
im also working on putting an iPad in my car but im getting the non-3G iPad... im using it for my audio setup :D

Look for a new Thread soon ;)

MobiCoder

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
hahaha I think it looks pretty cool! Great for a kid in the back seat - and that's a hell of a large screen to watch youtube on! Largest navigation I've ever seen! But I'm going to have to agree about the A/C or heat blowing on it - can't be good.

9ki

Apr 22, 2010
www.9000ipadwallpapers.info
Haha, nice !

It's a shame that where I live I will probably get a ticket for that. It's illegal to have televisions or computers anywhere the driver can see the screen here.

Last edited:

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
I discovered a nice warning in yesterday on mine. I was tracking my progress to the Arctic Circle via GPS and suddenly got the shut down due to temp warning. It wasn't the heater/ AC, it was the sun coming in from the sunroof. I think it's got a lower sensitivity than the iPhone as I have never gotten that warning on my iPhone.

BTW The iPad was haning off some 550 cord and a hangar tube on my dash. Works great and cost me nothing.

jmpetra

May 29, 2010
www.facebook.com
Yet every police cruiser I see has a laptop facing the driver... And they don't have touchscreen so they must use the keyboard.

Hmmmm
Ah good point, I had a guy tailgating me, then zoom by me, then go slow again so I had to pass. I was about to give him the evil eye when I saw it was a police officer playing with his laptop.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree that it's a bad idea. Maybe it's just because I've worked in critical care/ trauma for 20 years or maybe because I have 2 teens, but I feel strongly about distractions too. A nav system doesn't need to have the big screen. Your eyes need to be ahead. Also, my suburban's inboard nav system has voice directions and does not allow interaction while my vehicle is moving. Just my thoughts.

Fanline

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I will only recmmend the headrest mount, and the ones made of soft material!! Safety always comes first, in my opinion, will you guys agree?