ipad air and ios 8 ... how to sms relay

amir323b

Banned
Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
hi . I have ipad air 4g + cellular and I have question .

can I send sms with my device and ios 8 ? should I connect to another iphone to sending sms or not ?

because my device has sim card .

pls help me .

frank5o

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
Both devices need to be on iOS 8, both devices need to be signed in on the same iCloud account, both devices need to be on the same wifi network and both devices need to have bluetooth on.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
"For years, iMessage has allowed users to see messages from other iOS or Mac users on all their devices. The people not using Apple devices ? those green-bubble peeps ? were left out. This was annoying if you wanted to send a message to someone on your iPad, but they weren't on iOS.

But next month, you'll be able to send and receive SMS and MMS messages from an iPad or Mac, thanks to iOS 8's SMS relay support. Now when the green people text you, you don't have to ask to switch apps so you can go to another room with your iPad."

Source: http://mashable.com/2014/09/17/ios-8-review/

amir323b

Banned
Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
"For years, iMessage has allowed users to see messages from other iOS or Mac users on all their devices. The people not using Apple devices ? those green-bubble peeps ? were left out. This was annoying if you wanted to send a message to someone on your iPad, but they weren't on iOS.

But next month, you'll be able to send and receive SMS and MMS messages from an iPad or Mac, thanks to iOS 8's SMS relay support. Now when the green people text you, you don't have to ask to switch apps so you can go to another room with your iPad."

Tanq so much, so now should I connect to another iPhone?
I don't think so, because i have iPad 4g+cellular, and i have sim card.
Is that true?
Sorry for any inconvenience

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
hi . qanQ so much . i download the ipad ari frimware .
but i want to know should i update my iphone to 8.1 too ? is it necessary ?

You should update to 8.1. It cleans up a lot of issues created with 8.0.
I just updated mine and it is working well.
Good Luck

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I don't know anything about iPods.
Unless you have a real old version iPhone, updating your iPhone will be fine.
Good Luck

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
pls help me . what should I do right now
i got confused :(:(

I'm going to give you a tip - go to Google and type in the topic you're searching for.

Sorry but there's a difference between using these forums to share & elaborate on Apple technology and someone being completely helpless and not doing an ounce of research on their own. This will be my last response on this topic to you.

Read more about SMS Relay here:

Apple Releases iOS 8.1 With Apple Pay Support, SMS Relay, Camera Roll, and More - Mac Rumors