iPad Air 2024 vs iPad Air M1: Is the latest iPad worth picking up over its predecessor?

Lakeland Ghost

May 8, 2024
Visit site
This is my dilemma... I currently use the Air 3 (256GB), and I'm debating whether to upgrade to the 256GB Air 5 or the 128GB Air 6. I don't do any kind of video editing or graphics design, so it's not like I truly *need* the M2 - reaching for it would be more about future-proofing. Not wanting to go into the $700+ USD range, I feel like as much is fairly equal between these two tablets I'm choosing between the M2 processor or the 256gb storage, and I'm indecisive.

I'm not an artist, but I do use a 1st gen Apple Pencil in Goodnotes quite frequently. I assume I could still use this pencil with the Air 5 or the Air 6 if I buy a lightning to USB-C adapter - can anyone confirm?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
This is my dilemma... I currently use the Air 3 (256GB), and I'm debating whether to upgrade to the 256GB Air 5 or the 128GB Air 6. I don't do any kind of video editing or graphics design, so it's not like I truly *need* the M2 - reaching for it would be more about future-proofing. Not wanting to go into the $700+ USD range, I feel like as much is fairly equal between these two tablets I'm choosing between the M2 processor or the 256gb storage, and I'm indecisive.

I'm not an artist, but I do use a 1st gen Apple Pencil in Goodnotes quite frequently. I assume I could still use this pencil with the Air 5 or the Air 6 if I buy a lightning to USB-C adapter - can anyone confirm?
Welcome to iMore! I am unsure if the 1st gen Apple Pencil is compatible with the Air 5 or 6. I would check with Apple before you make a purchase!

Lakeland Ghost

May 8, 2024
Visit site
So I splurged and spent the extra $100 to get the Air M2 256GB 11-inch model. Also picked up the cheaper USB-C Apple Pencil ($69 @ Amazon). I'm not an artist using ProCreate, so I don't need the bells and whistles of the $129 Pencil Pro when all I'm doing with it is taking notes. YMMV.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB