iP4 camera roll / screen grab issue

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Please see the following thread to see how I went about a 'clean restore' yesterday: http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-forum/200940-ip4-backup-clean-re-syncing-issue-question.html

Since then I have had an issue with saving images - so far it's just screen grabs (from holding Home & then Power).

If I take a screen grab, it won't actually show in the camera roll at all (currently saying I have no photos). I moved my pics from yesterday back over to the same location but they also wouldn't show, so I ended up syncing them.

Despite the camera roll saying I have no pics, if I go into the camera itself, at the bottom-left I can actually see the small image of the screen grab that I've taken - but again, if I click it to access the camera roll, it will be empty.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Ideally I'd like to clear down all the pics in the phone & then move my old photos across again so that they show in the camera roll (& not an un-editable photo album, as they do now since syncing) & also have the phone correctly save screen grabs so that I can see/access them.

Many thanks.

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Have also just realised that any pic I save from Safari or email etc, doesn't appear in the camera roll or other photos album. ........ Anyone?! :-(

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
I've updated to 4.2, & it's restored my camera roll, but still having the same issue with saving pictures - they just don't appear anywhere. ANY suggestions, please?! Desperately need my camera working by Friday as I'm going to see my newborn son!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
If there's an apple store near you I'd go in and ask them why it's happening. If they can't fix it for you, they'll give you a new phone.

Restore from backup BUT there might be some code in the backup that is messing with the camera roll so maybe you should restore it as a new phone. I know it's a pain in the ass but you can sync back your old photos, contacts, media, etc. through iTunes.

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
If there's an apple store near you I'd go in and ask them why it's happening. If they can't fix it for you, they'll give you a new phone.

Restore from backup BUT there might be some code in the backup that is messing with the camera roll so maybe you should restore it as a new phone. I know it's a pain in the ass but you can sync back your old photos, contacts, media, etc. through iTunes.

Hey. Thanks for the reply. Tried restoring from a backup this morning, but that's what seems to be causing the problem.

Unfortunately, the nearest Apple store is a good 90 minutes away & I'm not going to be able to get there before Friday (when I need the phone/camera for).

Looking at a full clean restore, to be honest & will manually update the calendar, contacts etc :(

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I was going to recommend a nice clean install too. Something is hosed. Restore the device back to stock and test. Worst case you could do that and if it is still messed up you can restore from backup to get your apps and settings back.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincie855