iOS 9 multitasking features for iPhone.

mphillips828

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen this anywhere. Is the multitasking features in iOS 9 coming to the iPhone if so all of the iPhone's that are getting the update? I really like the slide over feature to quickly see the apps. Also picture in picture.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Those features are iPad exclusive as far as we know so far... When the next iPhones are announced we'll find out if those features will be on those new devices.

mphillips828

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how useful they would be on a phone, but . . . hey.

I think on I phone 6 and 6plus they would be great. At least the slide over feature when working in landscape mode. A quick view of another particular app would be awesome. Split screen view would work maybe on the plus but that's it.

they just look so amazing I want to use them. I have the iPad mini so I will get them except for the split screen mode.

Gtech21

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I think on I phone 6 and 6plus they would be great. At least the slide over feature when working in landscape mode. A quick view of another particular app would be awesome. Split screen view would work maybe on the plus but that's it.

they just look so amazing I want to use them. I have the iPad mini so I will get them except for the split screen mode.
I agree... The multitasking features should be available on the iPhone 6 AND especially the iPhone 6 plus with the larger screen.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'd be surprised if they come to the current iPhone 6 or 6 Plus, based on RAM alone. The new iPhones (6S and 6S Plus ?) are rumored to have 2gb RAM, and again, the rumor is that the additional RAM is to support this. The feature may be too much for the current devices with less RAM.

Of course, that's all rumor and speculation, so we will have to wait for the official Apple dog and pony show to find out.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

On the iPad mini, I'll use these cool features, but on the iPhone, not so much. Although, I can certainly understand why you would like to use them. And I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
On the iPad mini, I'll use these cool features, but on the iPhone, not so much. Although, I can certainly understand why you would like to use them. And I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Not to continue flogging the deceased equine, but only the iPad Air 2 has more than 1gb of RAM. I would suspect that this feature will lag badly on anything other than the iPad Air 2 (or whatever new models of iPad and iPhone are launched in the fall).

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Not to continue flogging the deceased equine, but only the iPad Air 2 has more than 1gb of RAM. I would suspect that this feature will lag badly on anything other than the iPad Air 2 (or whatever new models of iPad and iPhone are launched in the fall).

Okay, that is making me worry. :concern:

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I could see the slide-in feature coming to the 6+. It's available on some of the older iPads with 1GB.
But definitely not the split screen due to the limited RAM.

In the fall when the new iPhones are released with (presumably) 2GB of RAM, I could see the Plus version getting split screen.
The regular 6 is just too small for it to be useful though IMO.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nethtanyang