iOS 5 beta 3 released to devs! Post you bugs/findings

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a bug! Facebook didn't appear to upload photos over a data connection.

More than likely the problem is with the Facebook app, which, IMHO is pure crap. It's buggy under iOS 4.xxx, so why would anyone expect anything different in iOS 5.x?

Repeat after me: garbage in, garbage out.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My in call screen does not show. I can make calls, but after that, I have no options to mute or use speakerphone or the keypad. And when I answer a call, it gets stuck on Decline or Answer.

It overheats...and my battery dies completely in about 4 hours.

Going to try a fresh restore.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
My in call screen does not show. I can make calls, but after that, I have no options to mute or use speakerphone or the keypad. And when I answer a call, it gets stuck on Decline or Answer.

It overheats...and my battery dies completely in about 4 hours.

Going to try a fresh restore.

whoa! 4 hours?!?! i'd go with a "restore as new" for sure

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Issues I have found with beta 3 on a iPhone 4.

Photo Gallery:

Syncing problems: If I try to sync photos or albums from my Mac, half the time they won't transfer.

Camera issues: if I take a new picture, it will appear at the beginning of the camera roll instead of the end. In addition, sometimes the thumbnail for the image is a little camera icon that says 'jpeg' in it.

App Store:

Slow, very laggy. Doesn't matter which page or app I'm viewing. I'm also having issues purchasing apps. I click the price, button changes to buy now as normal, and then the app freezes. It's a repeatable error.

Mafiatounes

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I think i'm going to wait before putting iOS 5 on my brand new iPad 2, if i read this thread i see that there are still alot of bugs in beta 3

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Most apps are now unable to upload a photo. Whether it is Facebook app or you try Dropbox to upload to your dropbox, Picasa Webalbum or QuickShot, Photogene or MagicHour, Transfer or whatever. It's impossible to upload any photos. To me, that sucks pretty much.

cwelch

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I am new to these forums, but I have a small bug going on when sending text messages. I have a tendency to click the lock button on top as soon as I send a text message when I am putting my phone back in my pocket...Anyway, if I do this and lock the phone before the sending status bar complete it wont send the message. It is sorta "stuck" on the status bar part. As soon as I unlock my phone the message will continue sending from the previous part.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Silversun06

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I am new to these forums, but I have a small bug going on when sending text messages. I have a tendency to click the lock button on top as soon as I send a text message when I am putting my phone back in my pocket...Anyway, if I do this and lock the phone before the sending status bar complete it wont send the message. It is sorta "stuck" on the status bar part. As soon as I unlock my phone the message will continue sending from the previous part.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Happens to me all the time

Travisimo

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a bug! Facebook didn't appear to upload photos over a data connection.

There is a work-around for the Facebook photo uploading issue that was discovered by someone in the Developer forums:

Simply turn off Location services for the Facebook app in the iPhone's Location settings will then allow you to upload photos to Facebook without this issue! Worked for me!

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Thx Travisimo, that worked for Facebook. Great.
But for other apps like Quickshot, iOS requires location services turned on in order to access photo library. So it won't work for these programs.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Bugs on iPad 2:

Same gallery issues from my last post.

Safari:

Still has major issues with tumblr.com. Some sites crash safari all together.

***EDIT***

Not sure if it's a bug or not, but I do not see the option to tweet links from safari in beta 3 for iPad.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77