iOS 17 Developer Beta 1

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
6e29c4f24694365e0fde574b22cbcc51.jpg

What weather app is that? I have no weather options.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What weather app is that? I have no weather options.

I only have four weather apps installed on my iPhone.

Apple Weather
AccuWeather
The Weather Channel
A local news weather app.

The only app I have to use my location constantly is the Apple Weather app.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. While I do have a beta profile, I’ve never had a developer profile, nor have I ever downloaded any profile to this phone (14PM), yet I have the options.

6d6d407b7fd359e982655a3de97959b2.jpg

I did install 17 Developer Beta on my iPad. Just can’t pull the trigger on my phone and watch, which I also have the option on.

6785bfaea74be0f370270bf3b07048eb.jpg

What benefit is there with the watch beta? Is there something new worth having early?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
What benefit is there with the watch beta? Is there something new worth having early?

Series 6 Watch, so no “real” benefits yet other then having to use the power button to access all the features that you used to get to by swiping up on the watch face. However, it is nice for the power button to be used for something other than power. Mine would always stick due to debris, sweat, etc. because it was never really used.

Plus I was thinking the phone and watch may not work as needed together if both weren’t updated.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

It’s stable, but outside of that, there’s nothing to really brag about in my opinion. I strongly dislike the fact that you can no longer swipe left or right to change watch faces without having to first long press on it. In addition, getting to the dock requires a double-press on the Digital Crown, but I haven’t found a way to rearrange the order of the items therein like before.

Reactions: Ledsteplin

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Are you using NextDNS by chance?
No I’m not, I’m wondering if one has to disable other voicemail services for this to work. The Apple notes don’t reference any dependancy on carrier voicemail services.

It can’t be expected that we would disable other carrier voicemail services, as if you phone is not contactable, it would never be able to handle the voicemail, so it can’t be that you can use carrier voicemail OR on device live voicemail.

To this point I haven’t seen anyone actually having this feature working for them.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I thought the release notes for iOS 17 might help with live voicemail, doesn’t suggest the feature isn’t available.

Live Voicemail

Known Issues

• Live Voicemail can’t be shared. (105513708)
  • Voicemail will play even when the device is set to silent mode. (110112187)

Anyone else have it working?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
No I’m not, I’m wondering if one has to disable other voicemail services for this to work. The Apple notes don’t reference any dependancy on carrier voicemail services.

It can’t be expected that we would disable other carrier voicemail services, as if you phone is not contactable, it would never be able to handle the voicemail, so it can’t be that you can use carrier voicemail OR on device live voicemail.

To this point I haven’t seen anyone actually having this feature working for them.
Is your phone set to "English / United States of America" or "English / Canada", and does your iCloud account match those settings? That's all I can think as a possible restriction.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
It’s stable, but outside of that, there’s nothing to really brag about in my opinion. I strongly dislike the fact that you can no longer swipe left or right to change watch faces without having to first long press on it. In addition, getting to the dock requires a double-press on the Digital Crown, but I haven’t found a way to rearrange the order of the items therein like before.
I’m guessing too many people complained about changing faces accidentally so they made it accident proof. Now it’s exactly like Samsung.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Standby mode is awesome, in my opinion. I typically have it display the clock and the temperature while my iPhone is charging overnight.

For Standby to work you have to have always on display enabled. I’ve made a shortcuts that enables Always on display when connected to charger and disables it when charger disconnects.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For Standby to work you have to have always on display enabled. I’ve made a shortcuts that enables Always on display when connected to charger and disables it when charger disconnects.

That feature is always on with regard to my iPhone, but it’s great you were able to create a shortcut to enable and disable AOD for charging purposes. That’s awesome.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Ya only bug that I seen that’s effecting me is find my on my AirPod pro 2 says I have to finish to track. I even update my iPad to iOS 17 thinking maybe because my ID had mixed iOS. Just ended up turning finding my off

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1