iOS 17.1 expected by October 24

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Several outlets are reporting that Apple would be releasing iOS 17.1 by October 24.

The information would have been released by the French regulators.

Sources: 9to5Mac, MacRumours, iPhone in Canada

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I was just wondering about this!!! If the rumors are true, I'm glad, because I'm swamped this week, and trying to download/install the update during the chaos would be very inconvenient! LOL!

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I was just wondering about this!!! If the rumors are true, I'm glad, because I'm swamped this week, and trying to download/install the update during the chaos would be very inconvenient! LOL!
The update could still hit this week.

According to the ANFR, it would be out at the latest on the 24th.

Reactions: Annie_M

Osterlaus

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
So, what happened to 17.1? Everyone speculated it would come yesterday, but today there's still total silence about a release. No rumors why this was false information and when 17.1 is really coming?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
So, what happened to 17.1? Everyone speculated it would come yesterday, but today there's still total silence about a release. No rumors why this was false information and when 17.1 is really coming?
There was a late pre-release (RC) of 17.1 last week, so it could be that Apple found a showstopper.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Of course we now know it came out October 25.

The speculation arose because France forced Apple to stop selling the iPhone 12 (which I believe they were no longer selling anyway, but..) and provide a fix for existing iPhone 12 models because the phone did not pass some electromagnetic radiation tests. Apple was able to get the French authority to re-test with a pre-release version of iOS 17.1, which passed the tests. The French organization then announced that they were told by Apple that this version would be released no later than October 24 - but there was never an official announcement by Apple that it would be on that date.

It came out a day later. That's the explanation, and I'm not sure that we can really categorize it as false information. It's possible that the person who drafted this had a typo (as the 4 key is right next to the 5 key), or misread the information from Apple, etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77