iOS 10 notifications

hungloose

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
If you look in Notification settings for an app, now the alert styles are animated and you can see that banners disappear but alerts stay at the top. No more alert popups in the center of the screen- now they appear at the top and wait to be dismissed.

egelwan

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
This problem has persisted thru the betas and now the final release. Notifications that are set to "banner" never disappear once they pop up, as if they were "alerts". This is consistent, not intermittent, for me. I have to swipe the banner up to remove it or hit the home button. Anybody come up with a solution? The problem seems to be widespread and Apple's response on Apple support forums is essentially not to acknowledge that the bug exists or to suggest that the user does not know how to properly configure their notifications.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This problem has persisted thru the betas and now the final release. Notifications that are set to "banner" never disappear once they pop up, as if they were "alerts". This is consistent, not intermittent, for me. I have to swipe the banner up to remove it or hit the home button. Anybody come up with a solution? The problem seems to be widespread and Apple's response on Apple support forums is essentially not to acknowledge that the bug exists or to suggest that the user does not know how to properly configure their notifications.

I have a few that do it. But not everything I have set to banner. It seems to do that more while in certain apps as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77