iOS 10.3 out now - Is it safe?

iamdld

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Anyone have any drastic battery life changes to report?

Yes, my battery drops faster during usage. The standby time is still great though. Before the update I would end the day with around 65%. Afterwards I end the day around 50%.

Last edited:

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Absolutely no issues at all so far. Clean install, and setup like a new phone. I think battery life is down a smigen...but that usually takes a bit to settle from my experience.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Seems fine for me, on a 7 Plus and an Air 2. Both seem a bit snappier and I did "gain" a bit of storage after the upgrade.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I updated both my 7 Plus and my son's 6 with no issues. I only have the iPad left to update now. I'm still a noob to iOS (only 1 month in) coming from BlackBerry where I waited until I read lots of feedback before upgrading any OS update. Happy everything went off without a hitch :)

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I updated both my 7 Plus and my son's 6 with no issues. I only have the iPad left to update now. I'm still a noob to iOS (only 1 month in) coming from BlackBerry where I waited until I read lots of feedback before upgrading any OS update. Happy everything went off without a hitch :)

Welcome to the land of convenience. Where you can update without even giving it a second thought.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I can think of one time there was a major issue with the update, and it was fixed fairly quickly. I still update when available :)

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
My 7 has had no problems thus far. Smooth as butter. I seem to be getting a different fading out effect when leaving or opening an app. Sort of a gray effect. That part of the update?

ericrangel76

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
This is my first iPhone I've owned. With all my Android phones I always hard reset my phone after an update and never had any issues. Is it necessary on an iPhone or recommended?