Intelliscreenx for iOS 6: $5 Upgrade Fee

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
No, I turned off ISX in setting from showing on the lock screen but it still show up anyway.

On iPhone 4S running 5.1.1 I could run both apps without issues.

But both have been rewritten for iOS 6...Lockinfo especially got really redone. I'd try uninstalling one just to see if it helps.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
here's the thing. Intelliborn knows that people will pay the extra $ because their product speaks for itself

hell, i paid for ISX, Messages+ and the recent upgrade. i know what i am getting and feel they deserve it. which is a lot more than i can say about 85% of the crap on Cydia

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
But both have been rewritten for iOS 6...Lockinfo especially got really redone. I'd try uninstalling one just to see if it helps.

I have uninstalled ISX, out of the two LockInfo is my preference. I missed the top shelf widgets on ISX the most so I installed NCsettings & that good enough

I just wished that the "View on lock screen" button actually worker on an app I paid twice for.

I have sent dev an email. Maybe they will update with a fix

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
When I read about the $5 update at first I was a little angry but then remembered that the cost is the equivalent of a coffee and a morning newspaper and then built a bridge and moved on. In the 4 days its been back on my iPhone 5 the functionality joys far outweigh a measily $5.

Thats an expensive coffee! I can get 2 coffees and 2 papers for that price :D

In reality, I heard they rewrote the code for ios6, I decided to hop to LockInfo personally since I really didn't ever use the FB/Twitter/RSS features so it wasn't worth installing it again.

I liked how Messages+ was integrated in ISX but I went back to BiteSMS and just used activator to do alot of the things ISX/Messages+ did for me before. I am happy right now with my current setup.

coloradopa

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I agree, but BiteSMSjust doesn't feel as polished as Messages+.

I just think it is ridiculous that I have paid $30 for 2 apps (ISX and MyWi), and in order to use them I am forced to pay an additional $10 for the 2 of them! If I would have the ability to use my old versions of the apps, that would be a different story, but since the iPhone 5 cannot run iOS 5, then I cannot use any of the purchases.

Company's such as Adobe can charge upgrade fees for there apps like Photoshop because I am not forced to upgrade, even if I upgrade my computer, the apps will still work. If I choose to upgrade great, if not, I still have a usable product. This is what Intelliborn cannot give me.

I have been emailing back and forth for about 4 or 5 days, now I have been ignored for about 2. It is just crazy to think that my $30 I have invested over the past 3 years (I purchased MyWi back in 2009, and have paid 2 upgrade fees over the years), is wasted unless I pay another $10. Poor customer service if you ask me. I have never condoned piracy, but this is the reason people do it.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If I would have the ability to use my old versions of the apps, that would be a different story, but since the iPhone 5 cannot run iOS 5, then I cannot use any of the purchases.

Have you tried sideloading a previous version of MyWi (5.5) or ISX? I'm just saying that in runs on iOS 6. Since you already have a license for 5.5 you should be able to get along without upgrading and paying.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flickoo