iMac 21.5' Vs 27"

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone help am considering buying either a fully spiced out 21.5' 4K iMac or a 27' Mid range I5 unit which one should I buy?

Will be using it working from home doing e mails, web browsing, photo editing and PDF creation plus will be editing 3 or 4 movies each month.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I own both a 21" and 27". My 21 is BTO full spec as is my 27 is BTO full spec. Here is the difference between what you are considering.

21" Full Specs
  • Plenty of power
  • Will do what you are planning and then some
  • Great for rendering video & photo

27" Midrange Specs
  • Plenty of power
  • Will do what you are planning
  • Great screen real estate for rendering video & photo

As you can see there will be virtually no difference. The 27" might be a tad slower at rendering but it would be negligible. The biggest difference is screen size and whether you have the room to accommodate a large machine. I use both mine for design and editing. I love the screen size of my 27" when editing. It's amazing to have the extra screen space. I hope this helps some in your decision.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have also had the 21" and 27" iMac models and for me, bigger is better and for my technical documentation business, the bigger screen is a must for opening multiple documents, photo editing and graphic design.

Although there is no major speed or hardware difference between the 21 and 27, if your budget can justify it, go with the 27" 5k display model, you won't regret your decision. Good luck with whatever choice you make.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnnybobble53