I'm thinking of switching to iPhone

Bfalcon1

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I was a long-time Blackberry user and have been with Samsung now for many years. What should I expect from ios and how well do Google apps work in an iPhone? I welcome all advice!

Reactions: Lee_Bo

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

Many of us used to be die-hard BlackBerry users. I know I was. Anyway, if you’ve been using a smartphone for a while then using an iPhone should be easy for you. As for apps, they pretty much work in the same manner they do on any other smartphone. The app quality will probably be better on the iPhone overall, but not as much as it used to be, in my opinion.

Apple products shine in the way they interact with each other and Apple services.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I have always had iPhones, so I can't really comment on using a BlackBerry or any other smartphone. I can say that back in the day, my husband loved his BlackBerry, and has been using an iPhone for years, and has no issues.

I can share that I do use quite a few Google Apps on my phone, and they work just fine.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Depends on what Samsung phone you are coming from and which iPhone are you switching to.

Google apps work well on the iPhone but you should try some of Apples first party apps and service on the iPhone, those Apple apps might surprise you.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I was a long-time Blackberry user and have been with Samsung now for many years. What should I expect from ios and how well do Google apps work in an iPhone? I welcome all advice!
Google and Microsoft apps work great on Apple mobile.

My department manages around 200 mobile so I have Android experience too. Getting first tier products is important for Android. In general we get the longest life cycle and lowest cost with iPhones but new Pixel pledges a long life span.

On what to expect, I like the batter life and Apple Watch far superior to the Android wearables. I love the across desktop and devices integration and H chip earbuds both Apple and Beats branded.

The argument of customization you might lose is not important to me. If you want to root, side load, an iPhone probably not right.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

11B1P

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey Bfalcon, I just came from Android a week ago after..... years.... of being on Android, BB, and Windows Phone. My last Samsung was a Note 20U. Google apps are working fine. I have an watch SE and I like how one of my watch apps has more functionality than my Galaxy Watch 6 classic (which I just got a few months back :mad:). I didn't have any trouble with my watch and phone working together. Once major thing I discovered is, with an Apple watch, when your phone is locked, your iPhone will not sound notification tones. But if your iPhone screen is unlocked, all of your notification tones come through on the phone.

I use my calendar a lot. The Apple calendar month view is horrible compared to Google calendar, so I deleted the Apple calendar. I had a checkbook app on Android that is not available on iOS and finding a simple checkbook app I like has been difficult. I have until Jan 15th to decideif I'm staying here or going back to Android. My thought is, we can't compare years of Android to a week on iOS. I'm pretty satisified so far.

I think you'll be fine on iOS. If you've not used an iPhone before, there will be a slight learning curve. For the most part, Google apps on iOS function the same, maybe layed out a little differently.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Our chat bubbles are blue!

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I was a longtime die hard Blackberry user back in the day and I do miss my passport, z30 along with the Hub and OS10. But I have been on IOS a while now and the Notification Center has been improved greatly and I have always said the integration between the iPhone and MAC OS is second to none.

As far as using google apps in IOS, I mainly use Gmail and it’s always worked seamlessly and also have google maps and no issues. All that aside, welcome to iMore and glad to have you aboard.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77