I'm sure it's been answered...

budd1e_lee

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
...unfortunately I've been unable to find the answer through numerous searches.

I just bought a new laptop. Want to sync my iPhone with said laptop. Curious to know just what will be erased when I click yes. I'm comfortable losing my music, I need to clean it up anyways. I don't want to lose contacts or apps, although I could deal with apps if I really had to. Will I have to set it up as a new phone? Kcuf I hope not. Have to re-configure email accounts? Any threat to my jailbreak?

Thanks in advance.

budd1e_lee

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Okay, so my understanding thus far is that all media will be gone. Shouldn't affect my jailbreak or try to update me to 3.1.3 without me being able to stop it. Somebody had mentioned that I may have to format being that I'm switching between mac and PC, but it seems that going from PC to Mac, as I am it shouldn't be necessary. Can somebody tell me if my understanding is correct?

And is there any way to quickly restore my apps without having to reinstall all of them one-by-one?

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Not sure about the JB as I have not done that to my iPhone. As far as the apps go I think that you will have to re-download them. As long as you log your iTunes account then you will not have to pay for any apps that you have bought on your old PC. Hope that makes sense and congrats on the new Mac. Just curious what you got?

budd1e_lee

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Not sure about the JB as I have not done that to my iPhone. As far as the apps go I think that you will have to re-download them. As long as you log your iTunes account then you will not have to pay for any apps that you have bought on your old PC. Hope that makes sense and congrats on the new Mac. Just curious what you got?

13" macbook pro.