If the iPhone didn't exist, what phone would you be using?

garynky

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
#1 The Droid. I'm really liking what I see as far as specs and the OS.

#2 A BlackBerry - Bold until the Bold 2 hits.

I love my iPhone. BUT, no true multi-tasking, lack of a file system, inability to search/sort/filter email completely, no consolidated inbox, no flash, can't attach files to outgoing email (the only thing close is emailing a photo, which you have to do from the photo album - not from email!).

These shortcomings really try my dedication to my iPhone. I'll never go back to a Windows Mobile device. The Blackberry is dangerously close to being too in need of an update to the OS. The Android OS seems full of potential and promise - especially on a device with the specs the Droid has.

GT

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If the iPhone was never released, I'd probably still be using a BlackBerry, and probably would have moved to Android. But I surmise that BlackBerry would not have a touchscreen device, nor would Android EXIST in its current iteration if it weren't for the iPhone. It changed everything. Phones have only tried to duplicate the functionality since then.

If you take away the iPhone, these other smartphones are still really impressive feats of engineering.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm changing my mind. I used to have a SE s710a when I had Cingular. That was the nicest cell phone I ever used. I loved that phone.

Chesire

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I'd still be on a Palm product. The Treo was a great phone before they switched from Palm OS to the MS mobile OS. I always liked them better then the Crackberries.

irjoeyy

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
If the iPhone didn't exist, Android and WebOS would be so much different that we'd all probably just be using Blackberrys

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Assuming what the guy said above, i'd most definitely be on a Palm phone...whether its a centro or a Pre.

I use some google such as search, maps occasionally, and gmail (though i use outlook or other apps to access it), but i don't care for google as a company. Greed i can identify with and understand. That's the american way. Apple and MS rock.

There is no free lunch. Which is why i'm weary of google.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I would have just kept my curve (2007), then I would have switched to the Bold (2008) and then I would have stayed with the Bold until Android hits AT&T with a better looking phone model (Hero) with all the qualities the droid (for Verizon) has.

amorok

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I switched from a Samsung Eternity which was a great phone but lacked any support from the company. But without iPhone that unit probably wouldn't have existed, and if that were the case I'd still be on a Motorola SLVR. It was a great phone and lasted forever, plus it had no moving parts as I despise flip phones and sliders.

anpya

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
A Pre for sure....featurewise its closest to the iphoen perhaps...and then would've moved over once nokia N900 launched.

yophone

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
If the iphone didn't exist all the phones out there wouldnt be what they are. Other phones have had to step it up as a result of the iphone. But if I ignore that fact, I guess I'd be a blackberry whore.

mfranks985

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
I would probably be using a BB tour or a droid, because I had VZW before my 3GS
Or a BB 8900 if I had ATT
The pre does slightly interest me too, if I had sprint.

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Well actually I got the Pre about a week ago and after 2 hours the touch screen died and they wouldn't do anything so I got an iPhone 3GS but if the iPhone didn't exist I'd probably get the Blackberry Bold 2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB