If the iPhone 5 has new charging port...

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
There will be adapters/converters from 30 pin to whatever pin the rumored connecter will have. A company like Apple will not leave older accessories useless.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
No, apple has done a ****ty thing because they think anything Cupertino releases will be lapped up by us. You aren't over reacting.

I'm out $500 on a Bose system in a few months if I get the 5. I was going to sell my 4s to get the 5.

Now I'm going to take a harder look at wp8.

There will be adapters/converters from 30 pin to whatever the new connector has, there will be no need to worry.

If Apple go to a smaller connector, then its going to free up more room, for example for a larger battery, larger screen.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Im hoping to death that apple keeps the 30-pin port because if it doesn't,I'm afraid I'll HAVE to ditch my iPhone 4 because in a couple years they'll be no more supplies for it!

Is this a deal breaker just for me? Am I overreacting???

You people seem to forget something : latest iPad, iPhone, AND iPod are still on 30 pins. Even if iPhone 5 switches to 19 pin, will the iPod also change on the next release? And the iPad? In any case, you'll see 30 pins adapter in every Apple store or other electronics for at least 10 more years. And of course I totally agree with the fact that adapters will be made available...

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Most definitely an over reaction. You should welcome the new mini or nano port with open arms it shows that they are making progress on that front and think of all the new goodies we will have baked inside " hopefully ". An as regards to ditching your 4 its going to have to happen one day it wasnt intended for you to have it forever

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
For all those over reacting re the proposed drop of the 30 pin connector to the smaller connector, I have 4 words,

ADAPTERS WILL BE AVAILABLE.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
According to THIS ARTICLE, Apple is indeed changing to a 19-pin charging port, but I'm not worried about. Fatboy71 is correct. Numerous companies out there will take advantage of the opportunity to please consumers and make money by creating adapters that will allow the new device to work with your existing equipment even if Apple does not. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPad 2)

thebignewt#IM

May 9, 2011
Visit site
This is played out all over the electronics world. My original BB phone had a USB connector, and the next on a mini-USB connector. No biggie. Chargers are cheap. The boomboxes won't work but we all want a new boombox now don't we?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I hope Apple at least includes an adapter with the phone, I don't mind buying a second one but to have to pay $19-29 per will be just ridiculous.

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Its just a change. We can't expect Apple to not change the port forever. It will come sooner or later. If Apple does change the connector now, and does it 5 years later, the reaction will probably be the same again for some. So lets wait and see what it will bring first. Perhaps there is more to the new 19pin connector than meets the eye.

Reactions: DaPhoneking

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Its just a change. We can't expect Apple to not change the port forever. It will come sooner or later. If Apple does change the connector now, and does it 5 years later, the reaction will probably be the same again for some. So lets wait and see what it will bring first. Perhaps there is more to the new 19pin connector than meets the eye.

I would also like to add in that with technology, devices evolve. If it werent going to happen now, it was bound to happen sometime in the future. I personally welcome the change. Also with less pins there's less room for error if one of the pins gets damaged and puts less wear and tear on the device, pin wise. Also as someone said before it also leaves more room for other components, perhaps a better speaker system, bigger battery, etc.