If It Just Had Flash

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Nice generalization! I guess anyone that doesn't feel Flash is imperative to life online on a smart phone must be a blind loyalist of Steve Jobs...

Or maybe...they've experienced a less than desirable performance of Flash on a device that supposedly supports this "amazing technology".

You guys hear the one about Flash being dead?

Never said it was amazing technology. Only that its a must-have for a true full web experience.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Never said it was amazing technology. Only that its a must-have for a true full web experience.

As of march 1st over half of the web (63%) is HTML5 compatible, supported, whatever you choose to say. I'd say for the general population it is NOT needed to get a full web experience.
Just those pesky newgrounds users. Oh and I guess those gameloft people too haha.

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Adobe announced that mobile flash is dead and they are moving on to HTML 5....guess it wasn't really that great in the first place. (the mobile version that is)

Sent from my iPhone communication device using Tapatalk

SockRolid

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Phil is a cool guy and all, but man did he do some serious tap dancing on that podcast.

And we barely even got into the whole Kindle Fire deathblow to Android evolution in the iPad clone space. Android developers can and will ignore Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, and all future releases of Android because Amazon's fork of 2.3 will be the most popular. It was inevitable.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
html5-vs-flash-android-vs-apple-social-capitalist-smo-blog-300x265.jpg

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Adobe has stopped developing Flash (mobile version ) in favour of HTML 5.

See this link:

http://tinyurl.com/bvgapy2

So as time goes on HTML 5 will be used in its place, which is good for iOS devices.

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
A lot of people on this forum have had different devices.
I for one have had two different androids and I can say I dont miss flash at all.

For the most part I don't miss it either. Most of the time if there is something that I really want to see on a website that requires flash content I will open it up using the Skyfire browser.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Spiral_ouT

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I like that it doesn't have flash. The majority of the time I don't want to see/hear the videos.

That's one of the great things about options. If it were in the App Store, you wouldn't have to download and use it. Those of us that do visit Flash websites could download and use it. Everyone gets their way.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I Thought that getting the iPhone 4S meant having to do without Flash. No. The Photon Browser for iPhone and iPad takes care of that. Flash videos and Flash based music players work. $3.99 and you're done. Imagine the shocked expression on some Android user's face when you play a Flash video or song for them with no lag or stutter of any kind?

LOL!!!!

Spiral_ouT

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Why does everything have to be about sticking it to the Android users? Android has Puffin and Skyfire. They're the same as Photon.

iMacca

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I came back to iOS from Android and flash wasn't all that crash hot anyway. I think it's good that Apple has kinda forced everyone to move to HTML5

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien