IDeviceGuys unlock is it a scam?

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to get an unlock from these guys so I messaged them here, Facebook, and 3 times on twitter asking about their service. No response at all. Even saw the Logan guy was tweeting last night about basketball but couldn't tweet me back about business. I find it funny because not to many days ago he was on twitter crying about his site not working right and losing money. Well here I am with money wanting an unlock done, but no response at all about my inquiry. Cool. I'll take my business to chronic or cellfservices as they actually respond to people.

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Used them to unlock my FILs 3GS. Worked like a charm.

That being said, they don't answer because they have a no refund policy. They'll keep your payment whether the unlock works or not.

Edit: I guess they changed the policy as someone in this thread for a refund, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

ukchris

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I placed an order a week ago for 1-3 day service, the tracking page still says "in progress", trying to find out how I can get an update on where things stand. I've emailed the address that came with the Paypal receipt and via the contact page.

ukchris

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Quick update, after ordering the 4/4S/5 unlock two weeks ago from ideviceguys I finally got a message saying my order has been rejected as the phone is not the correct model. A little absurd as I'm typing this in the very same iPhone 5. I'm hopeful for a refund but the process is painful, I needed this done for an upcoming international trip and now have less than two weeks after wasting two weeks waiting for my 1-3 Day unlock.

I don't think they're a scam but the process and customer service leaves a lit to be desired.

maxmodder

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I read the reports on ripoffreport.com

Ripoff Report | ideviceguys Search of Complaints & Reviews

Service was supposed to be provided in 10-15 days. After 25 days and being strung along with no unlock for the iphone 5, it's refund time.

No response on the refund request through emails. After reading the claims on that site and seeing correspondence about other users that haven't gotten their phones unlocked or refunded on a few different forums, I sought the advice of the post on the ripoffreport.com and filed a paypal claim while I still can.

Perhaps the service is legit, perhaps not.

I don't care to find out at this point. If you can't unlock the phone within the specified time as stated on the website, the refund should be automatic. Since it is not, the process needs to be revised before advertising a service!!!

AT&T will unlock my phone after it has been in service with AT&T for 60 days, so I'm going that route.

MMWN

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I ordered the 1-3 day service from Cowboy's ideviceguys.com over one week ago. Despite many messages (email, Twitter, Facebook) requesting an update I have received zero response. This is either a scam or the worst run business operation I've ever experienced. Further, I learned that any low-star testimonial attempts on their website are considered "invalid" and the form will not accept them.

I will update if there are any changes.

MMWN

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I finally got a response from Cowboy last night after a personal Twitter message. He was polite, and my phone was unlocked within one hour of our communication. I can confirm that their service does work. However, after paying $140 for the express 1-3 day service, and then only getting what I paid for nearly 8 days later after 3 messages through their website, 3 Tweets, 2 Facebook posts and 1 email, I'm not sure I could recommend this service. What would have happened if I never sent all those messages?

Its a shame, because if the customer service component and execution was better, they would have a killer business with a steady stream of customers.

GA Plugz

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 that i bought from a friend who now has an iPhone 5s. Both under At&t. How does the $30 Unlock work? I Want to use my T Mobile Sim Card

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 that i bought from a friend who now has an iPhone 5s. Both under At&t. How does the $30 Unlock work? I Want to use my T Mobile Sim Card

Can I suggest that you ask your friend to call AT&T to have the iPhone unlocked? You might be able to do it yourself since you have AT&T as well. However, your friend has had it registered on their account for a while (I assume).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ukchris

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Another update, it's now been over a month since I placed my order, three weeks since they said the device type was incorrect (although it wasn't) and promised a refund. Zero communication since then and no refund, I think it's time to open an official dispute.

Xzavios

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I just discover that if you click to order an unlock it says orders are delayed and may take up to 7 days...

I have emailed him 2 days ago and this morning with no response so I have to say his costumer service sucks. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. An email responses with some reassurance would be nice.

buenorock

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I am having some problems with them now too. No communication - paid them last week, today is 7 days and nothing.... I've emailed them, twitted the owner, Logan W.... and still nothing. Any ideas??:confused:

Xzavios

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
No communication - paid them last week, today is 7 days and nothing.... I've emailed them, twitted the owner, Logan W.... and still nothing. Any ideas??:confused:

Dang that sucks.. I suggest you open a PayPal dispute and wait a little bit to see if he responds with a refund. He may be more inclined to respond to an official dispute. Although his track record suggests you might have to escalate it to a claim. You shouldn't have a problem getting your money back but you might have to wait up to 30 days if he doesn't respond and PayPal has to "investigate."

I think I am about to do the same.

amitjain202

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I placed the order last Sunday for iphone 6...still no update on the order...2 emails to logan on his email id, 7 contact forms submission through ideviceguys website, 1 PM through facebook, 1 tweet through twitter, 1 PM through modmyi...I have almost tried everything possible to give them a fair chance...Till date not even a SINGLE acknowledgement or response. Am going to raise a dispute for a refund today or tomorrow as it is useless wasting time with these folks....WORST customer service i must say I have experienced in a long time...

Xzavios

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Update: Was able to get my money back only a couple hours after filing a dispute. I wish he was this quick to respond to his emails...

maruchoroni

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Update: Was able to get my money back only a couple hours after filing a dispute. I wish he was this quick to respond to his emails...

I tried to u look my T-Mobile iPhone 5s through mobileunlox I put a dispute on PayPal to get a refund since a month has passed by and haven't hear from them. PayPal closed my dispute with no refund because the don't covrr "downloads or non tangible items" I got scammed. I am going to try this new web site to see if I can finally use my phone.